Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased a 19 Prowler Pro. What sold me was the 3 cylinder super quiet engine. I am not familiar with Arctic Cat but I am coming from a Polaris EV to this machine. So far so good. Noticeable attributes of the Prowler Pro are its quietness, lack of rattles and noises, super roomy interior space(leg room, middle seat room, etc), comfortable seats, and did I mention quietness? I only have put about 20 miles on it so far but would love to hear from other owners of this machine. I know its new but seems to do some things really well. Anyone else own one or have opinions of the Prowler Pro?

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Now if they would reintroduce the ThunderCat ATV with that motor.... Glad you like it. I think a lot of Cat owners are waiting to see what's going on with Textron, but it's probably all good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a prowler but have the Stampede X and very impressed so far but like you not a lot of miles racked up. It's nowhere near as quite as the PP but not bad either and the power, towing, selection of drive configurations is impressive, love that the single wheel drive is easy on the yard and shortens the tuning radius.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have put on a glass windshield and rear window, roof, and some lights. Roof and windows definitely increase the cab noise while riding but wind is eliminated and rain isnt a concern. First UTV/ATV with a belt drive so getting used to that difference- no problem just different. Would really like to put about 2" of lift on it but no aftermarket lift is available. Maybe in the not too distant future something will be on the market.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Isn't the PP built on the Stampede frame etc? If so look on side by side stuff dot com, they sell a 2" lift kit for the Stampede.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I love my current Prowler HDX but the Prowler Pro would be a nice upgrade simply for the noise reduction.

The ride height might be an issue without a lift. I plow snow often and without a lift on my HDX the plow carriage would drag a lot.
Its probably the same thing with the Pro. Cant wait to see if the lift from the Stampede will fit the Pro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The chasis on the Prowler Pro is not the same as the Stampede. Suspension is totally different. Especially on the rear. Prowler Pro has a cross over type system that is very robust. Really like the design just would like some lift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you like your Prowler Pro?
I'm getting mine tomorrow and the test drive was great, very smooth ride. I can't find information on mounting a winch. It looks like it could cost 600+ for the winch and all required accessories. I'm hoping to find someone who has installed one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased a 19 Prowler Pro. What sold me was the 3 cylinder super quiet engine. I am not familiar with Arctic Cat but I am coming from a Polaris EV to this machine. So far so good. Noticeable attributes of the Prowler Pro are its quietness, lack of rattles and noises, super roomy interior space(leg room, middle seat room, etc), comfortable seats, and did I mention quietness? I only have put about 20 miles on it so far but would love to hear from other owners of this machine. I know its new but seems to do some things really well. Anyone else own one or have opinions of the Prowler Pro?

How about the radiator fan motor? Mine seems to be loud when it comes on. And its seems to be always on down here a in south Texas. Not sure if it is normal, i do not anything to compare it too. My first UTV

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Prowler Pro 800 and I love it. But I do have a concern with how hard it is to shift the gears from hi/lo and reverse. Seems to hard to shift at times. Is this normal because I don't see it getting any smother.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my current Prowler HDX but the Prowler Pro would be a nice upgrade simply for the noise reduction.

The ride height might be an issue without a lift. I plow snow often and without a lift on my HDX the plow carriage would drag a lot.
Its probably the same thing with the Pro. Cant wait to see if the lift from the Stampede will fit the Pro.
You don't want the pro then because its very hard to shift back and from reverse and drive

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Prowler Pro 800 and I love it. But I do have a concern with how hard it is to shift the gears from hi/lo and reverse. Seems to hard to shift at times. Is this normal because I don't see it getting any smother.
Mine shifted hard at first but got easier with time. It now has 20 hours on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also have a '19 Prowler Pro and also had a tough time with the shifter. Not to bring on the bad karma but my Prowler is headed back to the dealer for an adjustment that is supposed to keep the shifter from sticking in R, Hi or Lo. At times it will not disengage when the engine rpms lower as it should. Not sure what the issue is but Service Rep at dealer said that it may be a simple solution and adjustment. Will post the solution once i get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also have a '19 Prowler Pro and also had a tough time with the shifter. Not to bring on the bad karma but my Prowler is headed back to the dealer for an adjustment that is supposed to keep the shifter from sticking in R, Hi or Lo. At times it will not disengage when the engine rpms lower as it should. Not sure what the issue is but Service Rep at dealer said that it may be a simple solution and adjustment. Will post the solution once i get it. View attachment 361679

I just picked up a 2019 Prowler Pro a few weeks ago, and I love it. The only issue I've had is the difficulty shifting as you described. Were they able to remedy the problem with yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shane,
I brought my PP back to the dealer and they told me the self-engaging clutch was set up incorrectly from the factory and therefore they covered all costs related to replacing the entire clutch assembly. My PP now shifts effortlessly and has been great to drive in the snow here in Maine. I would contact them asap. Textron is well aware of this factory problem and has hopefully addressed the problem. Your dealer will take care of the situation asap.
Good luck Shane. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an owner of this machine. The dealer is ignoring warranty work, customers service has been horrible. I addressed the issues with my machine with the dealer, sent photos, never heard back. Called customer service, the lady said she was new and couldn't direct me and to go back to dealer. Second call to customer service was almost two weeks ago, "I will contact dealer and get back to you". They are running out my warranty and the **** was reported within 4 days of delivery. I even left some stuff out like the machine being delivered filthy(not a warranty issue I know, just more BS). I am going to call Arctic Cat one more time before sending legal notice. I will say the machine is powerful but after 10 hours it started having shifting issues on top of what I already reported. It shifts extremely hard at 14 hours and gets stuck in gear in 4WD and can't shift into reverse. I could list some nice attributes of the machine, but I'm too pissed about all the problems from day one. I have had the machine for one year in a couple weeks and had many problems on day one and now they are just stacking up and I'm getting zero customer service. I should have went with the Kawasaki. I will be posting follow up here and will probably start creating videos to save folks the trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am an owner of this machine. The dealer is ignoring warranty work, customers service has been horrible. I addressed the issues with my machine with the dealer, sent photos, never heard back. Called customer service, the lady said she was new and couldn't direct me and to go back to dealer. Second call to customer service was almost two weeks ago, "I will contact dealer and get back to you". They are running out my warranty and the **** was reported within 4 days of delivery. I even left some stuff out like the machine being delivered filthy(not a warranty issue I know, just more BS). I am going to call Arctic Cat one more time before sending legal notice. I will say the machine is powerful but after 10 hours it started having shifting issues on top of what I already reported. It shifts extremely hard at 14 hours and gets stuck in gear in 4WD and can't shift into reverse. I could list some nice attributes of the machine, but I'm too pissed about all the problems from day one. I have had the machine for one year in a couple weeks and had many problems on day one and now they are just stacking up and I'm getting zero customer service. I should have went with the Kawasaki. I will be posting follow up here and will probably start creating videos to save folks the trouble.
I have the sand shifting problem. Did they fix your PP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shane,
I brought my PP back to the dealer and they told me the self-engaging clutch was set up incorrectly from the factory and therefore they covered all costs related to replacing the entire clutch assembly. My PP now shifts effortlessly and has been great to drive in the snow here in Maine. I would contact them asap. Textron is well aware of this factory problem and has hopefully addressed the problem. Your dealer will take care of the situation asap.
Good luck Shane. Let us know how it turns out.
Do you know how hard it was to replace the clutch assembly.? We brought our PP for the Bahamas and of course after only have IV it here 2 months the shifting problems began.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts