Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
21 Posts
I have my camber gauge I gues I can fab up a adaptor to the spindle. I (we) have no baseline though. I think straight up for trails. The new lower arms are supposed to have the shock mounts higher i don't know if i want to do the lowers??

Will you be able to tell us the before Caster/Camber and after? Sure would be nice to know

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Will you be able to tell us the before Caster/Camber and after? Sure would be nice to know
I'd have to fab up an adaptor first, Castor Camber gauges I have are to go up against a wheel or hub

·
Registered
557 Posts
Do you think this added ski pressure? Does your 2020 require more steering effort?
I haven't ridden it yet. Just finished up converting a 2017 M8000 to a trail sled. Figured since I was buying front end part, why not put the new stuff on. Really hoping it performs well.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Not sure of the brand but its the kind that sticks to the hub and for auto use I have a set of turn plates
ok I have alignment systems we use for race cars so it's not the same as what I have

·
Registered
5,116 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,264 Posts
Does it push any more or less?
The push is gone. When I installed the front end I didn’t make any changes other than the bolting on the new arms and spindles and saw an instant improvement. After I put some miles on it I put about 2 inches of sag into the suspension and that really made it come alive. Then I ditched the stock coupling blocks because those aren’t need where I was going lol.

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
21 Posts
The push is gone. When I installed the front end I didn’t make any changes other than the bolting on the new arms and spindles and saw an instant improvement. After I put some miles on it I put about 2 inches of sag into the suspension and that really made it come alive. Then I ditched the stock coupling blocks because those aren’t need where I was going lol.
Thanks Good Info
I have curve XS skis and they don't push but steering effort is defiantly higher than I would like. They do give a confident feeling that the sled will go where you point it. Do you think the new spindles will reduce my steering effort with the curve skies?

·
Super Moderator
8,264 Posts
Thanks Good Info
I have curve XS skis and they don't push but steering effort is defiantly higher than I would like. They do give a confident feeling that the sled will go where you point it. Do you think the new spindles will reduce my steering effort with the curve skies?
the c and a I am running steered terribly on my older procrosses I quit running them. I threw them on to test a theory and they steer good now. Not as good as old sno pro but way better than my past procross. The curves you have don’t steer as hard as the c and a so you should see a nice improvement

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
21 Posts
the c and a I am running steered terribly on my older procrosses I quit running them. I threw them on to test a theory and they steer good now. Not as good as old sno pro but way better than my past procross. The curves you have don’t steer as hard as the c and a so you should see a nice improvement
If you decide to swap out your black ones let me know, I would be interested in them

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
21 Posts
you don’t want the c and a I have. They have over 20,000 miles on them now and are starting to wear
Sorry I thought you were Thinking of swapping out the black spindles for green one's
I pretty content with the curve's

41 - 59 of 59 Posts