Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2018 Textron VLX 700 (no EPS) EFI stalls on declines. I've used Seafoam, Heat, Isopropyl Alcohol, Star Tron, and I replaced old gas with new, as well as replaced the battery. I've also brought my machine to the dealer to troubleshoot and they could not duplicate the problem or find any issues. They changed spark plug, oil, and reset throttle cable to factory specs (I was messing with it so it did not stall). Has anyone encountered this issue? Any ideas how to fix? Could it be the tilt sensor? If so, how would I know/fix?

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Have you reset the TPS ?

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Download a free service manual from countrycat.com the procedure is in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Download a free service manual from countrycat.com the procedure is in there.
I tried your suggestion and reset the TPS twice. I continue to have issues with stalling down hills and when coming to a stop. Any other ideas/suggestions?

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
I think you need to check the fuel system. Start by checking fuel pressure. You need 43 psi constant.
Does it change when you have a full tank of gas ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you need to check the fuel system. Start by checking fuel pressure. You need 43 psi constant.
Does it change when you have a full tank of gas ?
I'll check the fuel pressure tomorrow, The stalling happens on a full tank or low tank. Never happens under load. It also has no issue starting cold or hot. Thanks for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts