Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2018 Pantera 6000, its my into to this motor and its been great so far with 200km. I'm getting 19L/100km so far and I expect it to get better into the 15-16 range and I will be happy, its still breaking in. Its a good motor for what I do (95% trails and not overly fast) but has the power if I want to give it.

I hope she gets better as break in is over... anyone else have it in the Pantera?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought a '19 Pantera 6000 three weeks ago that had to come from Ontario (none in NB). Got 500 miles on it as of the weekend and am enjoying it after my experience with the 7000. Lighter weight (I am not getting younger), great manners, terrific range, and fun. Okay off-trail (wish I had your track for that purpose) but so easy to drive in any condition (16 degrees C here on Saturday with sloppy snow). I did swap the windshield for the taller '19 7000 Limited windshield. Also found a goggle bag quieted some underhood noise. On Friday, (at 8 degrees C) went 151.4 miles with fuel remaining, so very happy with range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a new 2018 Pantera 6000, its my into to this motor and its been great so far with 200km. I'm getting 19L/100km so far and I expect it to get better into the 15-16 range and I will be happy, its still breaking in. Its a good motor for what I do (95% trails and not overly fast) but has the power if I want to give it.

I hope she gets better as break in is over... anyone else have it in the Pantera?
i bought one in march 2018 and i love it, my only concern is when i shut down the engine and the temperature is around -0 to -10 it backfire...did some body else experiment that? i have talk with the service manager of my dealer and he told me is unaware of this situation... except that i have 5000 km driving this sled with no problem, my fuel consumption is around 15-17 L/100, oh and i have changed the original coil spring in the front suspension for a raptor triple rate spring and i have eliminated the ski lift.

·
Super Moderator
8,304 Posts
I have not spent a lot of time on the 600. I do know that the 800 machines will backfire more if you shut down directly after a hard run. It helps to let the machine do a full idle down sequence to prevent the backfire. It can be a multi step idle down on the 800 if you are really running hard. I often cheat the system and burp the cool down process if I'm really running hard.
Maybe someone can chime in if the 600 has similar characteristics?
BTW @overbeatsunder, I agree with the goggle bag assessment for reducing noise. I generally carry spare gloves in the bag. The sound is even more reduced with gloves vs. goggles or tools.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ctec 600 needs to idle down before being shut off. It holds a high idle to burn off excess fuel. Mine idle hung longer and higher with aggressive clutching.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
i bought one in march 2018 and i love it, my only concern is when i shut down the engine and the temperature is around -0 to -10 it backfire...did some body else experiment that? i have talk with the service manager of my dealer and he told me is unaware of this situation... except that i have 5000 km driving this sled with no problem, my fuel consumption is around 15-17 L/100, oh and i have changed the original coil spring in the front suspension for a raptor triple rate spring and i have eliminated the ski lift.
You need to let the RPM's come down to normal idle speed before shutting it off or you will get the dreaded backfire. Usually takes less than 30 seconds. I take the time to remove my gloves and helmet before shutting down my ZR 6000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
ZR6000
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing