Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have the mud pro. I notice belt shavings coming out snorkel. So I opened up clutch cover and my belt is rubbing. The belts sits quite a bit higher over the top of secondary. How would I go about getting my belt to sit I’d say 1 cm or so lower to at least flush with secondary.

·
Administrator
36,122 Posts
It sounds like your belt is worn out.

·
Administrator
36,122 Posts
How many k ?
Do you run in high gear all the time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it Has 750 km on bike since brand new I took a video of it I don’t know how to send it says it’s too large to send

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many k ?
Do you run in high gear all the time?
750 I run low gear if in deep mud as it revs out easier. The belt is so tight as soon as I give it gas primary spins and so does secondary at same time due to belt being so tight. The clutches do function properly as well

·
Administrator
36,122 Posts
750 I run low gear if in deep mud as it revs out easier. The belt is so tight as soon as I give it gas primary spins and so does secondary at same time due to belt being so tight. The clutches do function properly as well
That is what should happen. It doesn’t work like a snowmobile clutch. That belt should be tight and never slip.
There are only a couple of things it could be.
Belt is worn allowing it to drop too low in primary , thus too high in secondary.
Clutch spacer is wrong length
Primary rollers are flat spotted or worn excessively.
Secondary spring is not functioning properly.
When you rev it up in neutral does the belt rise in the primary and drop in the secondary?
Here is where to get the free service manual , countrycat.com under technical. Measure your belt width to check if it is in spec.
Be careful running it with out the cover on as there is a bearing in the cover that supports the primary shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts