Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Major Newbie here... New to the community and snowmobiling in general.

Last year I moved to Leavenworth Washington, which has some great snowmobiling. I dipped my toe in the water and bought a 2007 M6. I fell in the love with the sport and added a used 2018 M8000 to the line-up for the season.

The previous owner had done a few modifications. He removed the tail-light & flap, added a Rogue tunnel brace, and added a Speedwerx lightweight handlebar control kit.

Where I need help: I'm trying to restore the rear-taillight. I purchased the harness extension but I can't figure out where it attaches on the main wiring harness. It is a 3-pronged triangle shaped plug. I'm a visual person so I've attached some pictures to help guide the discussion. Can someone point me in the right direction of where is should be? And any guidance on how it should be routed from the front to the back would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Vertebrate Organism Mammal Automotive lighting Font

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Rim

Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Hood Automotive tire Sports equipment

·
Registered
698 Posts
Major Newbie here... New to the community and snowmobiling in general.

Last year I moved to Leavenworth Washington, which has some great snowmobiling. I dipped my toe in the water and bought a 2007 M6. I fell in the love with the sport and added a used 2018 M8000 to the line-up for the season.

The previous owner had done a few modifications. He removed the tail-light & flap, added a Rogue tunnel brace, and added a Speedwerx lightweight handlebar control kit.

Where I need help: I'm trying to restore the rear-taillight. I purchased the harness extension but I can't figure out where it attaches on the main wiring harness. It is a 3-pronged triangle shaped plug. I'm a visual person so I've attached some pictures to help guide the discussion. Can someone point me in the right direction of where is should be? And any guidance on how it should be routed from the front to the back would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 368892

View attachment 368893

View attachment 368894

View attachment 368895

View attachment 368896
Country Cat has FREE manuals on line, free is always good! Noticed in the photo you have a race/ mountain can muffler… hope it’s legal where your riding…could get fined for noise pollution in your state. Will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Will. I took a look at the owners manual but couldn't find a diagram indicating where on the wiring harness the taillight plugs in. I'll go take another look and go a little deeper on my sled.

Thanks for pointing out the race can. It's stupid loud. I'm putting the stock one back on.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the reply Will. I took a look at the owners manual but couldn't find a diagram indicating where on the wiring harness the taillight plugs in. I'll go take another look and go a little deeper on my sled.

Thanks for pointing out the race can. It's stupid loud. I'm putting the stock one back on.
A shop manual should show the routing of the wiring in question, or you should be able to get a answer from a mechanic at your dealership; going to my dealership tomorrow…I’ll take the info about your sled with me and ask my mechanic Cris at A/C where the wiring starts; more than likely it runs under the fuel cell and then under the seat. Talk soon, Will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A shop manual should show the routing of the wiring in question, or you should be able to get a answer from a mechanic at your dealership; going to my dealership tomorrow…I’ll take the info about your sled with me and ask my mechanic Cris at A/C where the wiring starts; more than likely it runs under the fuel cell and then under the seat. Talk soon, Will.

I think you are right about it getting routed under the seat / fuel cel. I've been approaching this from the perspective of running the wire from the front to the back. Well, I went ahead and hooked the wire to the taillight and the stretched it forward. It's only long enough to reach the very back side of the engine bay. So I think I have my answer.

I found a video that I believe confirms it. Okay.. back to the shop tonight to pull the fuel tank off.

Thank you for your help. Leif

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think you are right about it getting routed under the seat / fuel cel. I've been approaching this from the perspective of running the wire from the front to the back. Well, I went ahead and hooked the wire to the taillight and the stretched it forward. It's only long enough to reach the very back side of the engine bay. So I think I have my answer.

I found a video that I believe confirms it. Okay.. back to the shop tonight to pull the fuel tank off.

Thank you for your help. Leif

View attachment 368914
Your quite welcome Leif M8000, glad to help out with a newbie to the site and snowmobiling, I’ve been a snowmobiler since I was 13 and I’m almost 54, had to learn on my own how to do repairs/maintenance from reading tech books in school. Raced Moto-X bikes for one of the big four Japanese manufacturers, after my racing career was over; they sent me off to university to become a two stroke engineer and designer…but I’m still reading daily on this site and learning. Hoping lots of snow for you in the upcoming season! ❄Will.
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts