Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about putting a clutch kit on my 2017 ZR8000, 129”. Sled is stock. I have been looking at Speedwerx and Bikeman Stage 2 kits. Both sound good and priced about the same. But there are not many reviews out there talking about them. Looking for recommendations, not just for these brands. Teams clutches work great but I am sure that a kit would make them work even better.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I’ve never heard anything bad about Speedwerx.
if you want to piece your own together, there’s a lot of info here and on HCS that should set you up well.
i have the same sled and went with Dalton weights and Venom springs and it runs better than it ever has.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Finally looked mine up now that sled season is approaching.
I think I'm running 77g in my Daltons (A lot of heal weight)
Primary - 140/290 Venom Purple/Red (210492-014)
Secondary - 155/220 Venom Green/Silver (210493-005)

Really pulls hard and makes for a lot of fun trail riding.

·
Super Moderator
9,665 Posts
I went with a setup pretty close to SShooterZ on my 17 with a 137 track. His setup is a little better for top end. I had a higher finish in my secondary. Backshift was good, but it took a little off the top. The lighter engagement and higher heel weight works pretty good for trail riding.
These clutches do like a little more in the heel weight.

Reactions: SShooterZ

·
Administrator
8,065 Posts
I have a '15 ZR8 , went with a speedwerx kit. It was a noticeable improvement over stock. it cruises at a lower RPM so gas mileage went up. Touch the flipper and it comes alive. The only other mods are Boyesen Reeds.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
44 Posts
Finally looked mine up now that sled season is approaching.
I think I'm running 77g in my Daltons (A lot of heal weight)
Primary - 140/290 Venom Purple/Red (210492-014)
Secondary - 155/220 Venom Green/Silver (210493-005)

Really pulls hard and makes for a lot of fun trail riding.
It seams that the 210492-014 Purple/Red 140/290 lb isn't available. Is there a other spring that would achieve the same results?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.