Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks new to the group! I have a 2017 ZR 6000 El Tigre. I’m looking to change out the seat to something more low profile and flat. My girlfriend rides the sled and is very short so the hump in the stock seat bothers her because she sits farther forward. Looking for either aftermarket direct fit or another seat that will directly fit without modifications. Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Welcome aboard.
That might be a bit tight with the spar configuration at the front of the seat. It is pretty easy to remove the seat and have her test with no seat in place. There are options if she fits comfortably without the seat. The cheapest would be removing staples and cutting down the foam. (I love those electric carving knives for cutting the foam.) Reattaching the seat cover is a bit tricky, but any upholstery shop can staple the cover.
Seats for purchase are available. Hopefully someone else can confirm how their low profile seat fits. I have not purchased the race or aftermarket seats.

Reactions: William Stern Jr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard.
That might be a bit tight with the spar configuration at the front of the seat. It is pretty easy to remove the seat and have her test with no seat in place. There are options if she fits comfortably without the seat. The cheapest would be removing staples and cutting down the foam. (I love those electric carving knives for cutting the foam.) Reattaching the seat cover is a bit tricky, but any upholstery shop can staple the cover.
Seats for purchase are available. Hopefully someone else can confirm how their low profile seat fits. I have not purchased the race or aftermarket seats.
Thanks man! Will definitely keep that in mind if I can’t find one that fits

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Skinz has multiple seat options that might work. Depending on how small she is, some of their Freeride seats might work. You need to figure out where her ideal seating position is (where her butt ideally sits and where her knees will be) and measure. Then reach out to Skinz to see if one of their options will meet her measurements.

I don't think that BOSS seats is even an option any more? I thought that I read somewhere they they went under? Maybe someone will correct me. Altho, I think they only had seats for the ProClimb not ProCross.

Reactions: jserrao1

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I don't think that BOSS seats is even an option any more? I thought that I read somewhere they they went under? Maybe someone will correct me. Altho, I think they only had seats for the ProClimb not ProCross.
Their Facebook page says;
"We wanted to inform you that Boss has been hit hard by the economic strain. Our email has been down and orders have dwindled. We hope you are all safe and healthy and pray for a normalization to come soon. Thank you Boss customers we appreciate you!
🙏🏻
❤️
🌍

God Bless!
The Boss Team"

And that is dated April 2020, with no response since then. Their website has a popup that says;

"Note: Due to recent circumstances we are unable to process or fill any orders at this time.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] for additional information."

I would say they are out of business, there hasn't been any replies to FB posts asking for seats. Too bad, they made nice stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Thank you Guuda- Yup agreed.
I thought I had read somewhere a while ago that they were FUBAR....

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Thank you Guuda- Yup agreed.
I thought I had read somewhere a while ago that they were FUBAR....
Ya sometimes it's sad when a good companies go away, like Black Magic as well. Well I guess in bad times you have to have some other means of support. When I worked at Generac we thought it was stupid when they bought lawn and garden company "DR", now it's the place they are throwing all their resources at.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Maybe try swapping someone for a pre-2014 seat? The 2012-2013 seats didn't have the hump? I'm sure plenty of people would LOVE to swap seats with you!

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Maybe try swapping someone for a pre-2014 seat? The 2012-2013 seats didn't have the hump? I'm sure plenty of people would LOVE to swap seats with you!
That is cool idea.
I've never tried the swap. I'm wondering if the front attachment assemblies would be a direct fit? There have been a few changes with the two hooks on the seat and console. The other changes on the rear clip and spar resting points should be fine.
I'd love to hear from somebody that has tried swapping the seats.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is cool idea.
I've never tried the swap. I'm wondering if the front attachment assemblies would be a direct fit? There have been a few changes with the two hooks on the seat and console. The other changes on the rear clip and spar resting points should be fine.
I'd love to hear from somebody that has tried swapping the seats.
I will ask my buddy, who is friends with the guy I sold my 2012 to. I can take off my 2016 seat from my 6000 and see if it fits.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Keep us posted with your findings.
Simply swapping seats between M.Y. sleds opens up a whole set of easy options.

·
Super Moderator
8,460 Posts
Boss seats are trash and probably the least comfortable seat to sit on. Find a seat by seat concepts. My friend tapperk600 has run ever seat made for the procross and likes that one the best

·
Registered
960 Posts
Boss seats are trash and probably the least comfortable seat to sit on. Find a seat by seat concepts. My friend tapperk600 has run ever seat made for the procross and likes that one the best
I love the Boss seats. Very comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts