Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install an aftermarket (Kolpin) winch on an Arctic Cat Alterra TRV 500?

I have one to put in but I don't have great instructions on pulling off the parts needed to install the winch?

Thanks.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have a 550 and the winch install was done when new. I would get the Arctic Cat switch for sure so it integrates with all the Arctic Cat controls. I'm currently having a major headache with my Arctic Cat Winch at the moment. Really frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
info for winch

Anybody install an aftermarket (Kolpin) winch on an Arctic Cat Alterra TRV 500?

I have one to put in but I don't have great instructions on pulling off the parts needed to install the winch?

Thanks.

-Jeff
I am having the same trouble. So far I have learned that the trv 500 is sorta winch ready. My dealer was able to locate some instructions for installing a winch on my ATV. Believe it or not the instruction indicate the winch is installed directly behind the roller fair lead plate using the same 2 bolts for the fairlead! The trouble I am having is being able to get the winch situated where the mounting plate does not come in contact with the fan housing. You pretty much hafta take the front apart to get the darn thing.

I am trying to install a Harbor Freight (Badlands 2500) winch. This winch seems to fit OK however you will hafta buy a different fair lead as the one that comes with the winch has non-standard bolt holes...

I am about at the point of just having the dealer install the darned thing. The instruction I have do not have any web address where they came from. It looks like maybe a service manual. The top of the page reads 3000 lb Eng.fm Page 10

JJJ-AZ

·
Registered
220 Posts
I installed a aftermarket on my 550. Took the whole front apart to get it in. Huge pain. Put a runva in.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
AlterraMonster
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing