Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have noticed after riding for a while. I can come to a stop and if I drive slow it has a chugging motion, If I just get right on it the sled will drive away no issues. The other issue seems to be a delay when accelerating. This usually happens after the slow speed issue. Sled has 1600 miles on and this started the last 500 miles. It doesn't do this all the time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another issue I noticed is reverse will sometimes smoke the belt. Rpm goes up and the great smell of burning belt. This has also started in the last 500 miles.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Gotta love those china made clutches. Thanks Claude Jordan.....
So the Team clutches are made in China?

Thtought they were made in Kaukauna Wis. and Port Arthur TX

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
So the Team clutches are made in China?

Thtought they were made in Kaukauna Wis. and Port Arthur TX

Nope, the TEAM clutches are made by TEAM industries in Bagley, MN. The last generation Arctic Primary and secondary clutches came from overseas starting in about 2009 - 10. 2017 5000 does have a TEAM primary, i thought it had the Arctic one. Still could be the issue though. My mistake.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think you just fixed your clutch

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have taken the car to a mechanic and he test drove it and told everything is okay. Now a days during cold start I am giving a little more gas while releasing the clutch and don't feel any vibration. I guess the vibration during cold start is due to engine not producing enough torque at low temperature so compensating the torque deficit with extra gas solves the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts