Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Pantera 7000 Ltd that I bought new in 2017. The owners manual that came with it is very poor and is mainly for other models and the Pantera 7000 XT and not the Ltd. The manual says there are 2 locations you have to drain the engine oil from. The 1st one is near the oil filter and the other location indicates that you have to remove the large plastic air intake box and the 3 air intake large rubber tubes to get access to the 2nd oil drain plug. I am unable to remove the large plastic air intake box but when I looked underneath it from below and from the side, I cannot see or feel another oil drain plug. I bought this snowmobile from a dealer in Canada who has since gone out of business. Is there another oil drain plug or can I just only drain the oil from the drain plug near the oil filter? Also my manual does not indicate where the air filter is. I have tried for a long time to find it but cannot see it. Could you also please advise where the air filter is located? Thank you.
Unable to remove the large

·
Registered
11,612 Posts
Go to country cat.com and download a service manual. It will be more specific to 4 strokes as I’m pretty sure they have a separate 2 stroke manual too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I went to your suggested website and you have to purchase a service manual for $95 and get it shipped to me. I did not see an option where you could download it.

·
Registered
11,612 Posts
At top of home page under technical information. Click on that then click on sleds. You’ll see a menu of service manual year ranges and more stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you and I found the service manual for my 2017 Pantera 7000 LTD and it answered my questions. New problem though. This service manual says to change the drive chain case lubricant every season but this service manual has no procedures to change the lubricant and only explains how to take it apart but does not explain how to just change the lubricant in it. Please advise.

·
Registered
11,612 Posts
Sadly and of course a poor design but you remove chain case cover to drain fluid. Make sure you tighten bolts to spec exactly. I'm not sure if an oil suction device would work at the fill hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts