Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my atv back from the shops yesterday, they replaced the wet clutch and piston, I was riding for about an hour and it stalled on me twice and then a 3rd time, but the 3rd time it was just clicking not turning the motor, I tested the battery, solenoid and starter, they all passed, and I noticed the gear inside the hole where the starter goes in, doesn't turn forwards backwards, on the other side i also made sure the motor wasn't seized by turning that one nut shown in photo, motor never made a click or clunk when it dyed

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
It’s not supposed to turn the other way.

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
There is a another gear below that one that runs on the one way bearing. The one way bearing is why it only turns one way.
You really should download a free service manual at countrycat.com under technical before you go any further.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll be going to the shop on Tuesday.....once again for the millionth time, i waited 3 months for this atv to get out of the shop and sad i only got an hour out of it....this thing been in the shop more times then it has on the trails in the year of owning it, I'm losing faith in arctic cat, had to buy a Polaris last month so I had something to ride and so far I'm loving the polaris, no issues with it.
After warranty is up on the cat, I probably won't put money into fixing it every month at this rate.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like you need to take it to a shop that actually has a clue what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And unfortunately the closes arctic cat shop is half drive, and the next one is 4 hour drive away

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
So you haven’t been taking it to an arctic cat dealer? That might explain the wait times and not being fixed correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been going to an arctic cat dealer, closes one if half hour drive, if it went to my choice, it'd be my friends shop down the road, but it goes to the dealer cause the warranty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts