Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I read several threads on no reverse issues for the XF 7000 HC. Just bought this machine with no reverse, figured it was the actuator but it spins freely out of the chain case. Checked fuses and looked at switch but not too hard as previous owner said it just quit.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi guys,

I read several threads on no reverse issues for the XF 7000 HC. Just bought this machine with no reverse, figured it was the actuator but it spins freely out of the chain case. Checked fuses and looked at switch but not too hard as previous owner said it just quit.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!
Thanks Chris
I found this:

No need to replace the actuator in most cases, remove the actuator and take it apart. They usally get a little moister inside and build up a little corrosion where the shaft meets the housing, once you remove the screws for the cover you can try to rotate the shaft and you will see it will be very hard to do so. Remove the shaft and inspect the armature, you will more than likley find some burn marks on it where the brushes ride from pushing the reverse button and not moving the acuator so take some fine emery cloth and clean/polish.

Then use some dielectric grease and apply a light film where the shaft rides in the housing, re-install shaft and rotate to make sure it moves free. After assembly you can bench test with 2 wires and a 12v battery. I have done this to several actuators and they work well and have yet stopped working, this procedure works with all actuators

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Do you have power to it is question 1. 2 how many miles are on the sled? The jack shafts are garbage and will wear out stripping out the everything.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have power to it is question 1. 2 how many miles are on the sled? The jack shafts are garbage and will wear out stripping out the everything.
Yes there is power to it. Has 6500 miles on it, I don’t feel it’s a jack shift issue.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Now with the actuator off, can you manually turn the adapter that the actuator fits into? If so, what happens? Find something that fits into the splines, and twist it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually got it working, there’s a wonky spot in the switch on the controls. I may put new controls on it, but at least i know it works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts