Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an aftermarket clutch kit for my 2016 Arctic Cat Core 500 4wd. It is stock except for 27" Maxxis Zilla tires. It mostly gets utility use, plowing snow and dragging pastures. I've noticed after extended use, the clutch cover gets very hot, I can smell rubber, and there is belt slippage. It has just 20 hours on it.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
Do you use low range?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
SpeedWerx

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I could not find any products for the 2016 500 model on the Speedwerx website.

I would call them. Your 2016 might cross to the kit for the years listed.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
Correct, the entire engine is a kymco.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
Did you find one? Care to share?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a clutch that works on the 2016 arctic cat cor 500. Or any fixes to reduce heat on the clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Epi Natural + Shim mod and Lighter Rollers would be fine.
But if there's any pictures of clutch i can tell you better.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
Speedwerx? Kymco ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think Epi Natural + Shim mod and Lighter Rollers would be fine.
But if there's any pictures of clutch i can tell you better.

Here are some pics i have from when i took it apart, I too am looking for a clutch kit for this. I have called a Kymco dealer and they said they have not heard of a kit made for these or the MXU 450i specifically. Im thinking of making my own but really no zip all about clutches. I do have an old 2011 mudpro clutch with the weights and springs

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had AIRDAM machine my clutch for my Kymco MXU 450i. Before I sent my clutch in I tried 2.2mm of washers which seemed to make a lot of difference on the bottom end. Then I pulled the weights and drilled two 1/8th inch holes all the way thru, 4 holes total. Lightening the weights so it turned up a hundred or two more rpm before engaging. That helped also. When I decided to go with AIRDAM I had messaged him two or three times with no response. So I bit the bullet and took a chance. Bought a used Artic Cat 450 sheave set off Ebay. Sent it in with payment and enough to cover shipping back. Best of my memory it took maybe 4-6 weeks for the sheaves to return. All I can say is that was a huge difference (way more than the shims) and worth every penny. Including the wait and stress of would they come back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had AIRDAM machine my clutch for my Kymco MXU 450i. Before I sent my clutch in I tried 2.2mm of washers which seemed to make a lot of difference on the bottom end. Then I pulled the weights and drilled two 1/8th inch holes all the way thru, 4 holes total. Lightening the weights so it turned up a hundred or two more rpm before engaging. That helped also. When I decided to go with AIRDAM I had messaged him two or three times with no response. So I bit the bullet and took a chance. Bought a used Artic Cat 450 sheave set off Ebay. Sent it in with payment and enough to cover shipping back. Best of my memory it took maybe 4-6 weeks for the sheaves to return. All I can say is that was a huge difference (way more than the shims) and worth every penny. Including the wait and stress of would they come back.

Can you confirm that my 500 clutch is the same as your 450i?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts