Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this machine new back in '16. been running good until this year. First it stop running in -24 below temp. the gas gauge showed almost empty. so I thought I might have ran out of gas. walked got more gas and filled it up and drove it home. This happened again, this time I changed the plugs, the machine cooled off and it ran a little longer then stopped. each time it stopped running it sounded like running out of gas. Now I'm looking to replace the inline fuel filter. Any idea where this might be on that sled? I looked and looked but haven't found it. it's equipped right? Or do you think it's sounds like something else?

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
Of course it does not mention where it is in the service manual but does say to change it. I have not done mine yet but I'm thinking it's probably easy to get at with the windshield and console off the machine. It's located between the pump and the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep your right it's doesn't show where this is in the service manual, only that it needs to be changed. I had the console and all panels off and couldn't see it anywhere. and if it was behind the engine somewhere there'll be no way to change it without pulling the engine IMO. there's NO room between the engine and firewall. could the filter be under the fuel tank?

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
Sorry, was on a flight. I would have thought you saw it when you took console off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts