Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reflash for the 2016 8000? Have just over 400 miles on mine and seams to load-up at a idle when hot and is hard starting. At first I thought it just needed to break in but has not improved.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is there a reflash for the 2016 8000? Have just over 400 miles on mine and seams to load-up at a idle when hot and is hard starting. At first I thought it just needed to break in but has not improved.
Nope, been like that forever, or at least since 2012. Not sure why Cat has never addressed it. SLP makes a relocation kit for the air temp sensor so it gets a more accurate reading which is supposed to help. To start when hot, it helps to crack the throttle a little.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have noticed that too on both my 2012 & 2013. If I drive them around just off idle, or do a bunch of starts & stops it they will load up & not restart very well. I have e-start on my 2013 & love it, so it does't get me crabby like it used to..... :)

Even My firecats were that way. they liked to be run hard, or they started poping & spitting when put-putting..... a lot of idling was ok, but made the restarts miserable at times.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have noticed that too on both my 2012 & 2013. If I drive them around just off idle, or do a bunch of starts & stops it they will load up & not restart very well. I have e-start on my 2013 & love it, so it does't get me crabby like it used to..... :)

Even My firecats were that way. they liked to be run hard, or they started poping & spitting when put-putting..... a lot of idling was ok, but made the restarts miserable at times.
When hot mine will start first pull everytime, but I have to crack the throttle a smidge. If I don't I can pull it all day and it won't start. Seems worse since I put the V-force reeds in it. I've told more than a few guys at bars and gas stations about cracking the throttle, after watching them pull it about 20 times of course. :lol: When cold it starts no problem.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
When hot mine will start first pull everytime, but I have to crack the throttle a smidge. If I don't I can pull it all day and it won't start. Seems worse since I put the V-force reeds in it. I've told more than a few guys at bars and gas stations about cracking the throttle, after watching them pull it about 20 times of course. :lol: When cold it starts no problem.
True, kinda forgot about that. Good thing they start easy cold. need both hands on the cord on a cold crispy morning..

My F7 was terrible, got so used to cracking the throttle I just did it without even realizing it. I had a lot of mods on that one though. The F6 always started right up no matter what temp things were.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My 98 ZRT 600 is a cracked throttle hot starter, but it's one pull if you do it right, It starts one pull the next day too no matter how cold it is too though. My 2014 ZR 8000 has been showing sluggish hot start tendency's. I thought with EFI you'd never have that trouble, also thought it was a no-no to touch the flipper when starting EFI for fear of flooding it, just something I thought I knew I guess. I'll have to try the throttle crack tomorrow and see.

·
Registered
593 Posts
SLP makes no difference. I found my Inlet temp sensor bad with a resistance check. I will change it out and let you know if it stops the bog. Others have brought their sleds to the dealer under warranty and this was the fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 12 xf800 seems to be loading up more than it used to after idling hot, but cleans up quickly after a few cracks of the throttle. Don't have much of the hard start trouble. What should the resistance of that sensor be?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Just a point if some smarta$$ wants to race ya just give it a couple of cracked throttles just before you go so it doesn't stumble on ya. 800 runs pretty heavy, it's old injection so thats where it loads up as well as a mechanical oil pump

·
Registered
31 Posts
SLP makes no difference. I found my Inlet temp sensor bad with a resistance check. I will change it out and let you know if it stops the bog. Others have brought their sleds to the dealer under warranty and this was the fix.
Mr, ZR800

What should the resistance be?

Cheers,

·
Registered
593 Posts
I stuck it in my oven at 200F and in my freezer @ 1F and the resistance is not even close to what the chart says it should be. I'll have the new one Friday and will post a pic of both hooked up at the same time to see the difference.

·
Registered
593 Posts
So the new one reads about 20K different. I stuck it in the sled and it is like night and day. It idles smoother and revs smoother. Unfortunately mother nature has screwed us of any snow. I will keep you posted on the bog issue once I get snow. I'm pretty sure this started happening when I installed the SLP relocation kit. I would say it does not like being oil soaked and this caused the issue. I know some Cat's have it located there from the factory, but they must be using a different type of resistor or different mounting system to give it more protection from blow back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Replace air intake temp sensor, no bogg no hesitation!

191 Miles of riding in NH this weekend and not once did I have a single issue with bogging out or hesitation. All I did was replace the Air inlet temp sensor and BAM gone! No issues! Awesome!ClapRockerdude

·
Registered
43 Posts
I never did check the sensor, but decided to pull the cages before a weekend ride last weekend. I had one bad pedal and a few on their way to bad so I replaced them. Put on 230 miles and the loading up after idling was gone. Was about 2500 on the stock reeds.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
11 Participants
98woody
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing