Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience changing a brake caliper on these sleds? Last year mine was sticking so I had my dealer rebuild the old caliper and then on my next trip it was still doing the same thing. This year I just bought a whole new caliper assembly and was just curious how difficult of a task it is and if there are any good tips about doing it before I got started. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,142 Posts
its pretty easy
loosen the track
remove the secondary clutch, and rotor guard
take the snap ring off the drive shaft
un hook the brake line
3 bolts inside the tunnel hold the caliper on.

install is opposite, just use new copper washers when attaching the brake line

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Doesn’t sound to bad to do. Where do you get new copper washers at? Hardware store?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Three years ago at the 15k mile mark I had brake problems that included sticking brakes. I replaced the pads and my problems went away but at the time I did not know why. A year later (20k miles) I had occasional lack of braking authority. After examination I found a groove worn into the aluminum caliper housing where the pad backing plate contacts the housing. That explained everything. I removed the groove and the problem went away. The problem stayed away until I got rid of the machine. This might not be your issue but if it is please report it for everyone’s benefit.
82393BD5-1C6F-4E90-8EAA-94DB51E9325E.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts