Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, had the bike the for about 7 months, bought it used with less then 400 kms and just over 100hrs on it. When I got it home I went and for a run with it and it grenades the the drive belt, assumed it abused before I got it and I put a new dayco belt in it. When it was apart I took the clutches off and cleaned it and made sure everything was lined up, stuck the belt in everything is good...
Fast forward 500 kms and 40ish hours, on the way home after a day long run the belt let's go again. Now before I go and put another belt in this thing is there something I should be looking for? It's got stock tires on it, I run in low gear when doing low speeds on the trails, and there's no abnormal noises coming from the clutch case.
Any help or direction would be great. Thanks

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
1- don’t use a dayco belt stick with oem
2- check your rollers for flat spots , and check the valleys for damage.
3- did you check the secondary for bits of belt stuck in it.
4- check the intake and exhaust ductwork for obstructions

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Any luck?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so most of December was a right off but I finally stripped the bike apart and had a look at what I was dealing with. The belt grenaded again worse this time.
So I had a look at the secondary and primary no score marks on them, there was pieces of the belt in the secondary but I spread it apart and they fell out. Took the rollers out of the primary and they look good. All of the plumbing will be coming apart again for cleaning.
Should there be a arctic cat stamp on the primary? I seen it on the secondary. I'm ordering an oem belt for it but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything.

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
doorfx
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing