Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2015 700 mud pro with 680 miles I took it for a little ride at about 50% to 60% throttle and after that it started stumbling and I started smelling oil please help I’m taking it riding at the end of this week the oil looks good and it’s full at idle didn’t notice any blow by

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE I took it riding it seems to be a fuel issue I think the oil smell was from the air filter I noticed the the idle seemed to go from as low as 900 rpm idling to its normal 1200 ish rpm to 1850 rpms it also stumbles after heavy throttle above 75% when you return to constant cruising it stumbles until more throttle is applied could it just need a fuel system clean or possibly a fuel pump it hasn’t thrown any codes

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. You need a constant 43 psi.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
You found your problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I clean the injector as well I just order a replacement walbro pump
Alright sooooo many days later I bought the replacement pump I guess there was a problem with that as well so I ordered the whole unit I just installed it I have 40psi now but I still have the stumble. The atv wasn’t ridden much is it possible the injector is on it way out or any other sensors I tried to get a video but it wouldn’t do it of course while I’m filming I did notice it doesn’t do it as much

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i also noticed the battery I go was for an older atv it has about 3 less Ah

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm assuming that you tried fresh gas?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I’ve put fresh gas in it I haven’t burned a complete tank since I’ve gotten it but I doesn’t smell bad I’ve also put injector cleaner in so I’m not sure is pretty much a quarter tank I’m taking it riding this weekend so I’ll top it off and see how she does

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I synced the efi system but im still having the issues it’s only happening at a constant 15% throttle I either stumbes or I feel it lose power then it runs fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright I read another post on a mud pro drinking fuel and someone said that I could possibly think it is cold I’ve noticed in the diagnostic’s it would say 160-180 but above that it would say cool does anyone know if it’s supposed to say anything else because I have noticed the old plug was wet as if it was dumping fuel because it has been drinking fuel

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
What battery is in it? A 20 amp battery is the stock size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was also thinking that the battery I took out and the battery I got was 17.5ah I did see that it needs a 20ah I wasn’t sure if that 3ah was the issue because it’s still has the same cca

1 - 17 of 17 Posts