Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of sell my short track and came across a good deal on an 2015 m8000 153" I'm on the east coast there's lots of trails and lake riding and off trail tree riding. I came across a Camso 153x1.75x15 track has anyone ran this track on the m8000? How will it do with this type of track on trails aswell as off trail? I'm going to add a pair of ice scratchers as well for low snow days, is this sled going to be to much of a long track and ride terrible on trails? Also what type of top speed could I expect with it only being a 1.75 lug?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im thinking of sell my short track and came across a good deal on an 2015 m8000 153" I'm on the east coast there's lots of trails and lake riding and off trail tree riding. I came across a Camso 153x1.75x15 track has anyone ran this track on the m8000? How will it do with this type of track on trails aswell as off trail? I'm going to add a pair of ice scratchers as well for low snow days, is this sled going to be to much of a long track and ride terrible on trails? Also what type of top speed could I expect with it only being a 1.75 lug?
Cat's mountain sleds have very short coolers. You will be riding with scratchers down most of the time unless you find substantial fresh powder. Being a long track, it will wash out in corners and general riding quality is not comparable to short tracks. Suspension is different. Not really made for trails. Also, the narrow front end will make it tippy in corners. Lastly, speed is dictated by gearing, not the track. M sleds are geared lower. You will be wringing out the engine and still not be able to keep up to your buddies. Look for a cross-over model. Will suit you better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts