Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I have a 2015 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700 that appears to be throwing a P0336 error code. I use this machine in the winter for plowing. As of lately it seems as though it doesn't want to stay idling and has started flashing the code. It starts and and runs OK as long as you stay on the throttle. Definitely seems a bit odd. I did some research and suggested that it may be the Crank Position Censor, but I couldn't find anything conclusive so wanted to check with you fine folks first.

Additionally, it seems to be a bit difficult to shift, but that may be complete unrelated and just something that I've noticed plowing. I sometimes have to rock it a fair amount or be harder on the shifter than I'd like to get it to go from one gear to another. But as I said, that may (and probably is) unrelated to the P0336 issue.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
37,641 Posts
Usual cause is a low battery. When plowing you are using a fair amount of power with lights, winch, hand warmers etc. Take your battery in and get it load tested.

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usual cause is a low battery. When plowing you are using a fair amount of power with lights, winch, hand warmers etc. Take your battery in and get it load tested.
Well that would be fantastic, I'll give that a shot tomorrow and get another one if I need to. Thanks for the help! We got another 8"-12" of snow coming Friday so I just want to be prepared!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 alterra 700 XT,only 100km on it and when its cold i have also the P0336 code on it,it idle rought but when its warm its ok it idle normally...My atv its at my arctic cat dealer right now hope they will fix it...I let you know!

·
Administrator
37,641 Posts
Battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
They fix it at my dealer,they change the stator now it run great,i was lucky it was still on waranty

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2012 mud pro 700 and if I didn’t use a battery maintainer it wouldn’t start in cold weather but never showed any kind of error code I actually replaced the factory battery this past October and I never had it go dead on me only issue it has is after running it for a while the starter doesn’t seem to engage but turn the key off and then it starts perfect

·
Administrator
37,641 Posts
Reactions: Krom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick Update: Now that it's spring time I dug into the issue a little more as it's still happening. Seems it may have been the tender cable as it had a short and I think it may have been grounding out and causing some issues. Would explain why it was happening intermittently. Going to let it run for some time and see if that was the issue and will report back if it wasn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts