Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a one way bearing go bad on my wet clutch. The arctic cat tech said to throw it away or buy all new parts if i felt like having the up hill hold function. So i chose to just pitch the one way bearing. I put everything back together and cannot get the primary clutch on all the way. The roller cover only gets flush with the splines. I have hit it with a socket to drive it further on, impacted the nut on to hopefully drive the plate further on. No room for washer like before. I'm not sure what to do? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watch this video

Thanks, this video is precisely why I am here asking this question. I always research before I post. I saw his video, tried what he recommended and no luck. Repair manual also says i have to spend special attention into making sure the washer fits on the exposed spline.

Is their some way the shaft is not sticking out far enough or that metal ring piece seperating the wet clutch area from the primary clutch area is not seated correctly? would i have to take off the wet clutch cover again?

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
Will it slide on further with no belt on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will it slide on further with no belt on?
It will not. I originally followed the directions of putting the belts back on and noticed the primary spline was flush and thought it was weird. Tried to go ahead and put the primary on with no belt to test and same exact thing.

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
One of the rollers not in the valley correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It will not. I originally followed the directions of putting the belts back on and noticed the primary spline was flush and thought it was weird. Tried to go ahead and put the primary on with no belt to test and same exact thing.
pull the outer clutch sheave completely and set everything in, then reinstall, without the belt on the machine. I had issues with that in the past, where I got it lined up and used the retaining nut to set it on spline (don’t do that, my clutches had a lot of weird stuff done to them). Make sure the back is fully seated, the sleeve, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts