Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Arctic Cat 500 ATV, it keeps going through belts like crazy. I think it’s had 6 or 7 on it since new, it has around 1500 miles on it. The clutch cover gets so hot you can’t touch it, primary rollers look good and bearing in clutch cover is good. My concern is the secondary rollers, there is three rollers that feel really loose on the back of it, the ones that ride on the ramps. Should these be loose fitting like this? Also when you take off it takes quite a bit of rpms to get it moving. Anybody had any experience like this?

·
Registered
2013 CORE 500 4X4
36 Posts
My guess is that there's remnants of your old belt stuck in the secondary that's keeping the sheaves from coming all the way together. I had it happen on my '13 500; there was belt shrapnel everywhere from when the previous owner blew the belt, especially in the clutches and cooling ducts. You can also clock the secondary spring slightly more, when you have it disassembled, for better backshift. There's a YouTube video on it from EPI Performance (12:25 is where they talk about it).

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts