Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
The secondary on mine did chew up the shaft splines , I ended up replacing the Jack shaft, Also the bearing behind brake rotor chewed up the driveshaft and the rotor, Google it and you will see that it is a fairly common issue. If you catch it early you can save the shaft and the rotor.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here is my set up that is in the pinned topic:
Here is where I am now with my settings keep in mind I am 160lbs and with gear and tunnel bag on sled probably 185lbs:
Front Shocks Evol 80, Main 40, compression 4 out from full soft, rebound 3 in from full out
Front track shock compression 5 in from full out
Rear track shock compression 6 in from full out, rebound 8 out from full in.

With regards to limiter strap I tried looser and while was good for some stuff did not like how it cornered. What is a huge improvement for me as I ride on and off trail was getting the speedwerx quick adjust coupler. Off trail deep snow I turn to uncoupled on trail railing corners I like setting #2. All of 5 seconds to change

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
So let me get this straight. You went from Factory 200/100 to 80/40? That sounds a little odd unless Cat was expecting a 500 pound guy to be riding this sled.

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
So let me get this straight. You went from Factory 200/100 to 80/40? That sounds a little odd unless Cat was expecting a 500 pound guy to be riding this sled.
You would want to run 100/200 for racing as that is what the 4000rr was intended to so. Probably part of the handling issue, is it is probably sitting on the evo chamber and not letting the shock do it’s job. 70-80 Main and 100-120 evo gets rid of the body roll and keeps it flat.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You would want to run 100/200 for racing as that is what the 4000rr was intended to so. Probably part of the handling issue, is it is probably sitting on the evo chamber and not letting the shock do it’s job. 70-80 Main and 100-120 evo gets rid of the body roll and keeps it flat.
Very good to know. Thanks. I sent an email to HyGear to see what they serviced them to.

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
You also have to remember those front shocks do not ramp up liner like a a coil over. You use to be able to down load the Actual manual on ride fox.com. It explains how they actually work vs a coil over. That book came with my actual fox after market EVOL-x. Cat does not have that book available.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts