Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had the chance to Demo the new 7000 a week ago. This was at Arnies Cat House I could hear like a fan come on & off as we were sitting for some of the group to catch up. My Question is does the Arctic Cat 7000 have a rad & fan up front like the Yamie model Viper??? I hope the reps from AC can answer this so I can put a order in for a new sled. Tired of Temp flashing in towns/ low cond. & looking for high test gas.I dunno

·
Registered
228 Posts
The sled has a rad, and fan, and there is a small heat exchanger at the front of the tunnel.

only 87 required for fuel (will probably loose performance on high test)
How cool is that (no pun intended)? Finally a sled that will never overheat?? There's a + for this sled!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sled has a rad, and fan, and there is a small heat exchanger at the front of the tunnel.

Thanks Krom
I couldn't see the Rad on the Zr7000 like on the Viper but did notice no rear heat exchangers on the Viper. But didn't look at the 7000 rear tunnel for them. After running the 7000 for about 15 mi. 3 sleds fell behind on the Demo Ride so waited for them to catch up. I let it sit running almost 5 min. & the temp guage didn't climb at all. I think this sleds for me. Its getting hard to find high test though out small towns in Ontario Canada.Clap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my new 7000. Still learning the ride forward position in the turns. Amazing performance in the ditches and deep powder.
Tell me more about the handling, ride on good & nasty trails as well as performance....any runs you have had against other sleds. I have not had a chance to ride one, but considering to next year. Also need to know if any issues arise. Currently riding a 1200X Doo but this Cat is the best looking sled on snow!

Thanks for your feedback!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tell me more about the handling, ride on good & nasty trails as well as performance....any runs you have had against other sleds. I have not had a chance to ride one, but considering to next year. Also need to know if any issues arise. Currently riding a 1200X Doo but this Cat is the best looking sled on snow!

Thanks for your feedback!!
I have been riding a 2005 Yamaha Vector. Rides are not comparable. The suspension on my cat is outstanding. I am just through the recommended break-in period. Rode with 2 800s 2008 f8 and 2004 800. Had no problem keeping up on trails though the fields. Very impressed from 60 - 80 mphs. Previous ride I went side by side with a Doo 136" 600 wasn't close off the line to me. Same engine as my Yamaha but this is more balanced, responsive, and lighter. Neither sled with me could contend with the off trail ditches. Really a fun sled in all aspects of the riding I've done. I need to be careful though due being off the ground far more:huh:

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hey Krom, I know it says to run 87, but I usually put 93 in , thinking I'm doing better for the sled. I really would get lower performance? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
434 Posts
7000 cooling capacity

My Question is does the Arctic Cat 7000 have a rad & fan. Tired of Temp flashing
The radiator fan turns on at 200 degrees F. After 5600 miles I have never seen it go higher except after a shutdown heat soak. When conditions are overly good for cooling the thermostat will struggle to keep temperature above 165 F. Temperature readings between 170 F - 190 F is common. This is one cool Cat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't count on that. I drove a Nytro for a few years and it was notorious for overheating in low snow conditions and it had a rad and fan.I dunno
My XF7000 runs cooler then my Nytro did. The XF7000/Viper has a larger radiator/fan and is able to keep the engine cool during extended idle times or at slower riding speedsRockerdude

1 - 13 of 13 Posts