Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
The goods:
- 600 2 stroke is back. Not full DI, but why go that technical if you don't need to in order to achieve same affect.
- great graphics on all sleds
- nice to see new clutches/clutch bearing to help deal with heat/belt issues
- nice to see extra venting on turbo models
- seat looks different; more padding perhaps
- slide action rear skid with front slide action
- bringing back El-tigre, ZR names and older number's (9000, 8000, etc)
- kept the Suzuki motors for as long as they can (1 more year). Yes they use more oil/gas than a doo, but at least they stay together and can get 5000+ miles on them.

The bads:
- disappointed that XF's go from 141" track back to a 137" track; basically same as 06/07 Crossfires 136". I like my 141" in powder and over stutter bumps. Plus no room for tunnel bag and extra fuel caddy on the shorter tunnel.
- 600 C-Tec2 requires Cat only oil....makes for a monopoly on pricing until aftermarket guys come to the party
- Don't like the Yami style dual digital gauge some models were pictured with.

I'd like to see the clutches come to us 2012/13 owners as an update but we all know that ain't happening. You want them, you buy them. I'd also like to see the upgraded seat if there's more padding. On bad bumps, I feel the tank under the foam if I get caught sitting down when hitting the bump. But once again, you want it, you buy it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The bads:
- disappointed that XF's go from 141" track back to a 137" track; basically same as 06/07 Crossfires 136". I like my 141" in powder and over stutter bumps. Plus no room for tunnel bag and extra fuel caddy on the shorter tunnel.
The old 141" isn't going anywhere. They just added the coupled 137 to some XF models. Last years 141" XF is now the Cross Country XF.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Good- 800 ,I could care less about oil useage. Thats a good engine, good on fuel and oil,and will live to fight another day, using oil.
Having a Tiger in the line up.
Twin spar in touring line.
Good looks.
500 SP

Bad,maybe I missed it but a Regular 600,or LXR. The wife doesn't need a S.P.,or air shocks.
New style oil injection system on 600, time will tell.
No green limited,or Black tunnels on SP.

All in all not that bad. JM2C

·
Registered
774 Posts
The 600 will be VERY limited. I too think that the 6 should come in other versions rather than the SP. Plus in LTD versions.

Am torn between either the ET 6, a Yami ZR or a leftover Xtour 1100. Can probly get a good deal on the '13 and the YamiCat is 500 bucks more than the 6. Really like the name though "El Tigre" as I had a couple in the 80's. I really like not having to add oil in my Jag, but the 6 shouldn't use much from the sounds of it.

Has anyone heard what the mpgs either the 6 or Yami should get?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its all about wieght to me. The new 4 stroke triple is an awesome reliable engine averaging 16mpg in nitro so if wieght is less that nitro it could hit 20mpg and that would be awesome.

Still leaning toward 800 2 stroke for power to wieght which is very important to this boondogger.
Any numbers on weight would be very helpful in my 2014 decission.

Did the tourque link change a little? Hope they solved the belt issues with new cooler clutching. What else did they do to prevent belt blowing??

6000 seems like a great idea but I have yet to see a new concept pan out in the first year always something to recall?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Its all about wieght to me. The new 4 stroke triple is an awesome reliable engine averaging 16mpg in nitro so if wieght is less that nitro it could hit 20mpg and that would be awesome.

Still leaning toward 800 2 stroke for power to wieght which is very important to this boondogger.
Any numbers on weight would be very helpful in my 2014 decission.

Did the tourque link change a little? Hope they solved the belt issues with new cooler clutching. What else did they do to prevent belt blowing??

6000 seems like a great idea but I have yet to see a new concept pan out in the first year always something to recall?

Just wondering if you have the new bushings in your secondary? There was a fiber bushing that was put in the movable sheave and the helix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts