Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but I need to replace my trihub. It hasn't failed but I removed it and it is VERY ROUGH and dry. Sled has 2,400 miles on it. Anyway, I was thinking I'd replace it with the Speedwerx 7.12" 4 wheel set. Anyone using this setup???

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would get the Larson one. It uses the same size wheels as stock and IMO is a better piece then Speedwerx. J&T uses slightly larger wheels, in which will cause you to lose some traction.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
J&T uses slightly larger wheels, in which will cause you to lose some traction.
This is not true, I have the JT stealth wheels, they are only as large enough to be exactly the same level as the bottom of the Hyfax, stock wheels are wrong they are above the Hyfax. And there is no "loss of traction" thats bogus.

The thing with JT's is they use very good and larger bearings

JT's on the left, stock tri-hub on the right, see the difference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
4 wheel kit

I recently had the bad luck of trihub to break. The rail got caught in the track. Bent the rail and tore the track. I had to change both. I put in a 4 wheel kit.

Was wondering if there is a cap that i can put on the end of the rail that stops it from getting caught in the track.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I recently had the bad luck of trihub to break. The rail got caught in the track. Bent the rail and tore the track. I had to change both. I put in a 4 wheel kit.

Was wondering if there is a cap that i can put on the end of the rail that stops it from getting caught in the track.
not that I'm aware of, there are anti-stab wheels you can get for the front

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the J&T Stealth Big Wheel Kit 7.5 wheels. A little disappointed that the axle was not black as noted in the description. Easy installation and I'm looking forward to testing them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
J&T uses slightly larger wheels, in which will cause you to lose some traction.
That is correct for the J&T Stealt Big Wheel Kit.
Standard J&T TriHub replacement is the same size as stock. Standard outside wheel kits can be added, to the J&T TriHub replacement, for even better durability, stability, and snow dust retention for better lubrication & cooling.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I installed the stealth big wheel kit the the rear wheels hung below the hyfax at the same level as the rest of the idlers which is about even with the bottom of the hyfax. When placed on the floor the bottom of the skid was level across the length with the hyfax just touching the floor. The stock rear trihub was just above the bottom of the hyfax. I will be purchasing the same kit for my 2018 zr8000 as the kit in my 2015 has been flawless for 4 years now.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I went with the J&T Stealth Big Wheel Kit 7.5 wheels. A little disappointed that the axle was not black as noted in the description. Easy installation and I'm looking forward to testing them out.
Now really? You can hardly even see it

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hate to be a stick in the mud here, but before my '14 ET 6 even left the dealer w/ me, outside wheels were installed cuz I had studs in tracks. As of last falls service, all is still well in the rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forgive me for not being as knowledgeable about this as you all seem to be. I also have a ‘14 Tigre 6000 with 13xx miles on it. I want to avoid these Tri hub issues I hear about, can someone help me out with some incite if I should just go with the Tri hub replacement from J&T or should do the Tri hub, and 4th wheel kit? Also what would The stealth big wheel kit work on my machine or is that not recommended would the stealth big wheel kit be the same thing as buying he Tri hub and installing he 4 wheel kit along with it? Any input on this from those who know would be appreciated, Thank you!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have the stealth on my 129, just like yours, works great

·
Registered
152 Posts
Forgive me for not being as knowledgeable about this as you all seem to be. I also have a ‘14 Tigre 6000 with 13xx miles on it. I want to avoid these Tri hub issues I hear about, can someone help me out with some incite if I should just go with the Tri hub replacement from J&T or should do the Tri hub, and 4th wheel kit? Also what would The stealth big wheel kit work on my machine or is that not recommended would the stealth big wheel kit be the same thing as buying he Tri hub and installing he 4 wheel kit along with it? Any input on this from those who know would be appreciated, Thank you!
Assume you have the original trihub from 2014 which does not have serviceable bearings, therefore would have to buy updated trihub with serviceable bearings and AC outside wheels. In this situation I would replace with aftermarket 4 wheel kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the input you guys. I think I’ll end up putting the stealth big wheel kit on. Sounds like a nice project to get me through when I really start to get the itch to ride this fall!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Thanks for the input you guys. I think I’ll end up putting the stealth big wheel kit on. Sounds like a nice project to get me through when I really start to get the itch to ride this fall!
Wait till you pull your ti-hub out and compare the size of the tri-hub's bearings and the ones that come in JT's wheels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts