Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Arctic Cat 700 Mud pro(red and black is that matters) that is having problems running.

It starts up fine, and runs at low rpm, but when throttle is pushed, it hesitates and will not gain power and sputters.

Things have checked:
  • New battery
  • Air filter is clean
  • Spark plug looks ok (not new, but does not look terrible)
  • Cannot find anything loose
  • Gas quality should be fine. I use it all winter for snow plowing and summer for towing a mower. Have pretty fresh gas in it
Feels like not getting fuel, but not sure. Cannot see any obvious issues with fuel line to throttle body.

Kinda of seems like a clogged fuel filter, but I cannot find any fuel filter on this ATV.

Next step I was thinking of was taking fuel pump (which looks like above fuel tank) and checking that out as maybe clogged somehow? That looks like a job to take rear plastic off to get to it.

Any thoughts on what to check out next or if anyone had similar.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
42,238 Posts
You need to check fuel pressure. You need 43 psi constant. Down load a free service manual at countrycat.com under technical. It will give you the procedures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked fuel pressure with a inline gauge. It shows 43 PSI constant.

I can get the ATV to run ok for a while, then it happens. I shut engine off, and start again, and sometimes it works for a bit.

Any other ideas?

·
Administrator
42,238 Posts
Check/set your TPS and reset your IAC/ISC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My TPS was set correctly, and I reset my IAC/ISC per specs in the service manual. That did not fix the problem.

It runs fine for a bit, then it starts to hesitate. Then it runs ok.

Thinking I should replace the fuel pump to start, as it did show the correct 43 PSI constant, but the test is short and not under running conditions.

Thoughts? I need to get it fixed as I use the ATV around the property .

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,246 Posts
I am working through a similar issue on a 700.

If you have fuel and spark, cleaned everything (throttle body, spark plug, air filter), adjusted tps, and throttle cable, resynced the efi system then next I would guess the valves may need adjusted.

Here’s how to replace a fuel pump

How to remove the fenders

EFI system sync

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts