Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Aluminum safe anti-freeze.
Can I use the blue asian blend? It says safe for aluminum. I don't use the green stuff in our vehicles. Use the red in toyota and blue in honda. Blue says safe/red doesn't mention aluminum
20191113_073750.jpg
20191113_073750.jpg

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
The best way will cost you. Run a jug of oil with new filter until warmed up. Drain and repeat with new oil and filter. Drain and add final jug of preferred oil and new filter. Use cheaper but wet clutch approved oil for first two changes. I wouldn’t run diesel due to the wax in the fuel. I wouldn’t think it’s good for the wet clutch.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
There’s no reason you can’t use that AF if you have it anyways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The best way will cost you. Run a jug of oil with new filter until warmed up. Drain and repeat with new oil and filter. Drain and add final jug of preferred oil and new filter. Use cheaper but wet clutch approved oil for first two changes. I wouldn’t run diesel due to the wax in the fuel. I wouldn’t think it’s good for the wet clutch.
OK that was my original plan

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
not sure if you ordered your seals yet but order all the seals the parts diagram shows 1 or 2 seals out of order in the image and they should be replaced as well.. Cant remember what ones since it was 3 years ago when i rebuilt mine.. I found out the hard way and had to wait a extra week for the other parts.. But if your doing a impeller as well you may just be better off to order a complete assemblies.
If the dealer sold you the machine as new they you should have gotten the standard 6 month warranty... but a little late for that..LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
not sure if you ordered your seals yet but order all the seals the parts diagram shows 1 or 2 seals out of order in the image and they should be replaced as well.. Cant remember what ones since it was 3 years ago when i rebuilt mine.. I found out the hard way and had to wait a extra week for the other parts.. But if your doing a impeller as well you may just be better off to order a complete assemblies.
If the dealer sold you the machine as new they you should have gotten the standard 6 month warranty... but a little late for that..LOL
Ya plan to do all seals and impeller. Broke a snap ring so getting 2 of those in case the other one breaks. Wondering about the weird washer on the back? Still cheaper than the whole assembly. Just hoping I don't mess up the mechanical or oil seal getting them in lol. I saw a video on youtube and the guy used some sealant on the oil seal. Wondering if it's needed or extra protection? Can you remember if you used anything extra?

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
i never used any extra sealant some of those seals like the mechanical seal are meant to move (i think that what its called). When i did mine something else must have been needed to be replaced since i had the same issue after the rebuild. it still weeped out the weep hole.. but never enough to worry about.. In 3 years i only topped up once..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So the seal behind impeller is not on the diagram and didn't come with the new one. Thinking this is the same thing that happened to you. .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts