Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I can't seem to decide on which is a better sled for me, sno pro or lxr? I mostly ride trails but also like to explore down unmarked trails and fields. I'm worried that the sno pro will be to harsh of a ride on trail. What are your thoughts? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The LXR is a very comfortable ride however if you like to ride fast over the rough stuff or do any kind of jumps it will reach its limitations quite quickly. The snopro handles this stuff with ease but is certainly a stiffer ride and will likely leave you with a few sore muscles.

If you do much off trail riding the more aggressive track on the snopro will definitely be an advantage. The electric start on the 800s is still not working properly so if you get one with don't plan on using it till they figure out a proper fix. The taller with windshield on the LXR is certainly warmer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can't speak for a sno pro, but I have 850 miles on my 2012 xf800 LXR. Really nice ride on the trails and does well in powder. I am a heavier guy (260lbs with gear) and I can bottom it out over larger bumps and it can spank your butt over mogels.

I plan on putting the Hy Gear rear linkage kit on this summer which changes the rear suspension to a rising rate suspension similar to trail sled suspensions but without losing offtrail capabilities. Guys who have added this $300 kit have said it makes a huge different in the mogels and prevents bottoming with the rear spring tightened up to about the 2-2.5" thread showing.

Overall very happy with the LXR. I've read the sno pro is a very firm ride and is great if you ditch bang a lot or do larger bumps at high speeds. It will really depend on where and how you ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts