Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2013 xf 800 crosstour with the snopro 1.6 track.
I am having two problems with this new sled.

1st-Electric starter shaft snap rings came off at around 250km and caused the shaft to slide out and hit primary clutch ring gear. There was damage to both shaft gear and ring gear. My dealer told me that they are seeing this quite a bit and will not install a new one because of the damage that this shaft is causing. So I have bought an electric start sled that I have to pull start because I have no starter shaft.

2nd-I have a noticeable stall or lag right off idle. This lag occurs right at clutch engagement. After a second of engine lag the sled takes off like a rocket.

As anyone else had these problems?
I am desperate, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only fix for the starter that some dealers are doing is placing tiny spot welds on the snap ring the holds the starter drive on the shaft. There will be a service bulletin and a proper fix for this but probably not till the end of the season.

I have experienced the same hesitation with mine along with hard starting warm. It is weird that some do it and some don't. Let's hope there is a service bulletin for this soon too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts