Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, I need help i have a XF 800 Cross Tour that i moved up to from a XF 1100 LXR, I bought this sled as a left over in the spring of 2015 and last season was the first riding i had on it, let me first say i truly love this sled I must also say i am a large person #356lb, but i have one main issue and on small issues i need help with,

when i first rode the sled last year the rear suspension seemed soft, i pumped the air shock up to 120psi as thats all it would take and it still seemed soft and sat low ( much lower than my XF 1100 ) I took it in to a dealer that was on the trail they looked it over and thought my pump may have been bad and the gauge was reading wrong they replace my pump with a new one and we put air in again it helped but not great, the shocks are still soft and the ride hight is still way low. What can i do to fix this? Replace air shocks with coil overs? the second question is speed the sled runs out good on a lake and i admit it has to pull my fat $#$% along but it barley tops 92 on the dream o meter on hard pack can i change sprockets to get better top end but not loose and out of the corner torque i have now? Or should i replace it

·
Administrator
2,121 Posts
First thing is to make sure you are setting air pressure with the rear of the sled in the air, you can go up to 200 psi.

here are some pressure recommendations, from the owners manual:

190 lb operator only
145psi
with passenger weighing
100 lb 155 psi
140 lb 165 psi
180 lb 170 psi
220 lb 180 psi

These are at 70°F if you are at 20°F use 15 psi less.

Based on the chart, you would want to start at 170 psi, and adjust from there.

Your sled has 21:38 gearing, and is geared for at least 110 mph. At your weight, you may see an improvement in top speed by gearing down I'd try 21:41 you'll need an 86 P chain.

Gearing info is here: http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/pinned-topic-area/339147-procross-chain-gear-info.html

·
Registered
593 Posts
First thing is to make sure you are setting air pressure with the rear of the sled in the air, you can go up to 200 psi.

here are some pressure recommendations, from the owners manual:

190 lb operator only
145psi
with passenger weighing
100 lb 155 psi
140 lb 165 psi
180 lb 170 psi
220 lb 180 psi

These are at 70°F if you are at 20°F use 15 psi less.

Based on the chart, you would want to start at 170 psi, and adjust from there.

Your sled has 21:38 gearing, and is geared for at least 110 mph. At your weight, you may see an improvement in top speed by gearing down I'd try 21:41 you'll need an 86 P chain.

Gearing info is here: http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/pinned-topic-area/339147-procross-chain-gear-info.html
I think you have it backwards. The closer you get to the top gear the faster the sled is going to go. So if you went to a 41 bottom gear it will take almost 2 complete turns of the upper gear to due one rotation of the lower gear. Here is a calculator that confirms it.

Snowmobile MPH/Gearing Calculator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
2002ZR800CCE
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing