Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if somebody could tell or show where the speedo cable goes to. I must of pulled mine off riding threw some tall grass. Thank yall for any info and help

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
You don’t have a speedo cable?

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
No I meant that you do not have a speedo cable, it records speed electronically via a speed sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I'm sorry I didnt understand. Would you mind telling me where the censor is located or where abouts it might be. Thank you for your help, sir.

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
What is the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speedometer not working. No matter how fast ya go speedometer says 0. Itd flash a code but I can't remember what it is right off

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
Left side of engine , should be a three wire plug with one screw holding it in.
You can get a free service manual at countrycat.com under technical.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I had the sensor go bad on my 2010 366. Service manual does have the test procedure. I verified that the sensor did have 12 volts source, then tested its output. I was only getting 1.5 volts output, should be 6 volts. (The other picture is my meter set to Hz, not voltage) I was checking to make sure the sensor was switching states.

A quick test I did was unplug the sensor and using a thin needle nose pliers, I tapped the two wires (12v & sensor output) several times to fake the signal) The black wire is ground, so its the other two. The pod showed a speed reading for a second, which proved the wire back to the pod was good and the pod was good. It proved the sensor was bad.

Sensor wasn't cheap, I think I paid around $150 or more for it.

Mike

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
mikeexplorer
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing