Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the race forum with no response so I thought I'd see what you guys had for results. I know my area isn't the only one with 1000 ft radar runs. Just curious as to what people are seeing for top speeds. We took three sleds to several runs this year with some pleasing results.
2010 Z1 Turbo consistently between 121 and 123mph. Some mods done to this sled.
2003 F7 averages 110 without nitrous and 117 to 119 with. Lots of mods on this one.
2006 Crossfire 600 consistently 98 to 99 with a season best of 101.4mph. This sled is stock aside from clutching, ecu and pipe.
These are all radar numbers, not speedometer numbers. If I was going by the speedometer the Crossfire would be 120 plus.
Anybody else?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This year we are going to put together a sled of our own. Thinking slammed ZR2 chassis with pre-APV 800 twin. Looking for 1000 foot numbers around 120 in the end. The new ones are fun to play with but I'd like to go all old school on one. Good old fashion round slide carburetors, fog piercing crackling exhaust and the trusty 15x121 track chock full of chisels. No efi, no ecu, no turbo, just basics. Any thoughts??I dunno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts