Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i'm stumped and pissed at the same time.Bought 2 brand new m-800 in dec 2013 as luck would have no snow till night before leaving cabin for back home.stayed an extra day just to get some hours on them,in the end they have 50 miles on them !!!! 2014 no snow at all,never used them but kept them prepared just in case,trickle charged,started them once and a while.then in october of 2014 before warranty was up went too start and the wife's wouldn't start like nothing not even turn over,(hers had the electric start kit installed by dealer,the other was electric start from factory)take it to dealer they fixed it said all it was,was a dead battery im not thinking so but he they got it running no bill said everything was warranty they did updates all is good sled was running.its now 2015 its end of November went to start the wife's sled and guess what it wont start,and when i mean wont start nothing it doesn't turn over,i even bought brand new batteries this year,turn the key and nothing,and now the other one is doing the same thing but it started on the old battery last week thought i would replace that one seeing as i was doing the other one.WTF is going on???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Batteries in sleds need charging. Get yourself a couple trickle chargers and every couple weeks put them on the batteries. There is a clock in the gauge that draws power. You can pull start the 800's btw. Pull your batteries when not using for long periods or unhook the negative cable to keep them from drawing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2013 did same, the wiring harness rubbed thru on the frame just beside exhaust can and when it made contact the sled was completely dead. Taped em up and all good ever since. Might be worth having a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you checked voltage in the new batteries? If they have 12 or more volts take a jumper wire and touch one side to the + side of the battery and the other to the small left terminal on the starter relay. This should activate the starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts