Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 F800 RR with 700 miles on it and today the drive clutch has become bound up on one weight. If I take the belt off and pry the the outer shiv away from the spider it becomes unstuck. It is the same weight each time. This happens at various RPMS. It's almost like the end of the weight is binding on something. Once this happens it cannot backshift and kills the motor. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what's the fix? It is 100% stock clutch as it came on the machine. ThanksCat happy

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
bushing is probably whopped out in it. To fix drop it off at the dealer and tell them to warranty it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I havn't had that happen. Sorry to hear about your luck. Have you checked your weights to see if the move freely? Make sure also that they are properly set on the bolt with the set screws. It almost sound like the weight is not set on the bolt properly and it's shifted to one side and binding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning to the weight versus the bushing. I did reset the weight on the pin but it did not help. Sure seems like the end of the weight is gettin bound on something. I havent got the time to tear it apart, may just have to settle on letting dealer look at it as it is under warranty. Life long Cat guy just hate when quality isnt what I'm used to.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I hear ya on the quality. It's something we have to deal with and I'm sure cat will come good for us. Don't rule out Greg's theory he knows his sh-t!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My drive clutch bushing locked up at zero miles. The movable shiv wouldn't budge. Cat warrantee'd it and its been flawless ever since.

BTW, I had my dealer swap the weights, swap the primary spring and add the bushing and this machine is now a rocket ship.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My drive clutch bushing locked up at zero miles. The movable shiv wouldn't budge. Cat warrantee'd it and its been flawless ever since.

BTW, I had my dealer swap the weights, swap the primary spring and add the bushing and this machine is now a rocket ship.
What did they put in there for weights and spring? I want more top speed. I've had all the updates done, after blowing a belt and damn near wrecking everything around the secondary. Will probably get them to shave down the spacer too. My top on the speedo is 104.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Alfie.. Please share weights (grams) and spring colour..I dunno

·
Registered
72 Posts
My sled has 77 gram weights and the Yellow/white spring. I've done a few pulls down a well packed lake and was turning 8,120 - 8,140 max rpm. Do you have any idea what max rpm your turning?

So I thought I was all set in stock form because I had seen 112 on the speedo.....yeah, that wasn't right! I'm not sure why I saw that number because after the the new weights were installed the sled can only get to about 104 mph but it pulls like a freight train the whole way. I admit that I saw 112 but I also admit that it never happened.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My sled has 77 gram weights and the Yellow/white spring. I've done a few pulls down a well packed lake and was turning 8,120 - 8,140 max rpm. Do you have any idea what max rpm your turning?

So I thought I was all set in stock form because I had seen 112 on the speedo.....yeah, that wasn't right! I'm not sure why I saw that number because after the the new weights were installed the sled can only get to about 104 mph but it pulls like a freight train the whole way. I admit that I saw 112 but I also admit that it never happened.
Take that damn spacer out of the secondary and I bet you'll be in the teens. From the playing around I've been doing with mine, I think it is impossible to get full shift with that spacer in the secondary. I've turned about .200" off of mine to allow the secondary to open further, but the weather is not cooperating.

Also, if you open up the spring cups I don't think you need so much weight in the primary. With the cups opened up on mine it is running about 8160-8180 rpm and 106 and climbing when I run out of field. I threw a set of adjustables in there to try to bring the rpm down a smidge, but again no snow to test it.

Just curious where are your rpms when you get off trail into some deeper snow?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last weekend I was running in about 12" of medium weight powder on my lake and it would pull about 7,950 pretty consistently. I'm not sure of what the top speed was and even if I knew I wouldn't trust it. There was a lot of drifts and the sled was flying over top of them a lot.

After about 300 miles this weekend I'm super happy with the way my sled is set up. I probably won't touch the secondary unless my riding buddy decides the 600 eTec needs to be an 800 eTec next year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BTW, a month ago his 2010 600 eTec would hang right with me once we got up to speed. Meaning I would jump off the line to about 5 sled lengths and then he was just hang there for a mile. After the mods he says all I do is continue to walk away further and further.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts