Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 arctic cat prowler 700 HDX
And I half to cycle the key twice which means I turn the key on turn let the fuel pump go off and I turn the key off and back on and let the fuel pump go off again and then I can start it if not it will not start any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2013 arctic cat prowler 700 HDX
And I half to cycle the key twice which means I turn the key on turn let the fuel pump go off and I turn the key off and back on and let the fuel pump go off again and then I can start it if not it will not start any help would be appreciated thanks
The fuel pressure is 43 psi and I only have this problem if I let it sit overnight once I get it started I can write it all day shut it off and it starts right back up

·
Administrator
38,033 Posts
You won’t get any help if you post in the “Arctic Cat news” section. I will move this to the prowler forum for you.

·
Administrator
38,033 Posts
You’re welcome.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Do you get 43psi on first turn of the key after sitting overnight?

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
It is like all the fuel drains out of my fuel pump and my line it’s like it has to re-prime the hose system
I was thinking along the same line. It’s so much like a failing fuel pressure regulator. Usually they’re on the fuel rail but I didn’t see anything. Maybe there’s a valve in the pump that keeps the pressure?
I do that with my 4 stroke sled on first startup of the year. Priming takes a lot longer so I do the key twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking along the same line. It’s so much like a failing fuel pressure regulator. Usually they’re on the fuel rail but I didn’t see anything. Maybe there’s a valve in the pump that keeps the pressure?
I do that with my 4 stroke sled on first startup of the year. Priming takes a lot longer so I do the key twice.
Kennett have a bad fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump be working fine

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Kennett have a bad fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump be working fine
That’s the weird part. I don’t know if it has a regulator!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts