Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if there's someone out there that can help me with the problem I am having with me new arctic cat atv !!

I purchased a new 2013 Arctic cat 500 core w/efi late last fall and right from day one I have been having trouble with her idle, To me it seems like her idle is to rough/low at start up, after riding her for a short amount of time as soon as I let go the throttle she stalls out. She will start up immediately again but it is a real pain having to do this every time I let go of the throttle!!

She only has 75 kms on her, and I brought her over to the dealer I purchased her at and they gave her back to me a few days later and I'm having the same problem.

Do anyone no what her idle rpm is supposed to be? I noticed that her idle is at 1050-1075 rpms then when she goes to shut off it is down to 950 rpms!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Talk to your dealer again. Was it still under warranty ? If so the problem was not resolved and should still be covered. If your dealer won't or can't fix it get a new dealer. No way you should be having problems with a brand new machine

·
Registered
136 Posts
The EFI cats I have experience with idle in the 1500 rpm area. My buddy got a leftover 2011 700 a few months ago, aka it sat for almost 2 years) and had some stalling issues. Dealer replaced the MAP sensor and repaired a couple of loose wires somewhere on the harness. I agree with door, take it back to the dealer for some more work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the dealer where I purchased the bike again and told them she is still stalling on me and they don't seem to no what to do to fix it but I got them calling some head office to ask about it.

I also called another dealer and I got a appointment made but its not till the 9th of may because they are all booked up for the upcoming Harley season.

I will keep ye posted on how things are going.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Good call get a new dealer!!! It could be your tps needs adjusting. It is Efi correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
cat stall

Hi, I'm wondering if there's someone out there that can help me with the problem I am having with me new arctic cat atv !!

I purchased a new 2013 Arctic cat 500 core w/efi late last fall and right from day one I have been having trouble with her idle, To me it seems like her idle is to rough/low at start up, after riding her for a short amount of time as soon as I let go the throttle she stalls out. She will start up immediately again but it is a real pain having to do this every time I let go of the throttle!!

She only has 75 kms on her, and I brought her over to the dealer I purchased her at and they gave her back to me a few days later and I'm having the same problem.

Do anyone no what her idle rpm is supposed to be? I noticed that her idle is at 1050-1075 rpms then when she goes to shut off it is down to 950 rpms!!

I have the exsact same quad and problem,i have found several other people with the same problem,even in the kymco line which is the same engine as cat,same problem,other than the odd stall,i love my quad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2013 Arctic cat 500 efi stalling

I still haven't got my bike fixed I am a year now trying to get some headway with my dealer!!! I was over the other day talking to him and he still can't believe she is still stalling out on me !!!! I just about got enough of this bike! Tries going to my cabin this past weekend and she stalled out on me at least 25 time , worst time yet ! The dealer told me to bring her over the spring and he will try putting a new wireing harness in her.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i got the same bike and same troubles..

i bought my bike 3 months ago and i got the exact same problems when i starts it up she just stalls out. i got to keep the thumb on the throttle and while riding its stalling on me all the time. and for power its got no power 45km/h top speed. its blinking a code p0366 on display. is there anyway to reset the codes without taking it to my dealer thats 3 hours away...

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
This EFI controllers that output PO code are supposedly compatible in meaning to the codes output by most late model automobiles. The difference though is the code list on the ATV is a much smaller subset than you would find in the automotive world.

The ATV listing of codes are here. http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/pin...es-950-h2-please-make-sticky.html#post2163313

There is No PO366 code on the list, PO366-Normally, In the automotive world is an error code for the "Cam Shaft Position Sensor". Problem with that is... There is no Cam shaft position sensor on your arctic cat, It should not display a PO366 in the first place. Not sure what that means on you ATV

I seem to recall another member her that has a ECU that was sending weird codes that had no meaning to the display. In his case I think it was a bad EFI controller that he thinks got fried during jump starting from a battery chargers boost start option. ??????

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the exact same quad, bought it brand new about 3 weeks ago having a similar problem. Mine does not stall ALOT, but does occasionally. Mainly while plowing snow. Noticed that it does have a low idle though. Going to be taking it back to the dealer here in a few days, will let you know what they say.

Palace55, did you register the quad with cat tracker? You do it on the dash display on quad. Your dealer should have given you a code that you punch into the display to register the quad. If you did not do this, after 5 hrs of run time (I believe its 5 hrs), the quad will go into a form of "limp" mode. The engine will limit the rpms and reduce power until the code is entered. It will also throw a code which I believe may be the code you have, but not 100% sure. I tried finding the cat tracker paperwork my dealer gave me but I cannot find it. Must have tossed it away when I was done with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts

i have a 13 core 500,mine stalls all the time to,its not as bad now,i turned the idle up on the throttle cable up by the handle bar,its a plastic not,i also change the muffler,put on an hmp performance slip on,its not near as bad fpr stallinh now but it still happends once in a while,its bad if it stalls when on an angle and you cant get it out of gear to restart it,same in mud when it stalls,totall nightmare

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 13 core 500,mine stalls all the time to,its not as bad now,i turned the idle up on the throttle cable up by the handle bar,its a plastic not,i also change the muffler,put on an hmp performance slip on,its not near as bad fpr stallinh now but it still happends once in a while,its bad if it stalls when on an angle and you cant get it out of gear to restart it,same in mud when it stalls,totall nightmare
couple spelling mistakes,the throttle cable is a plastic nut type and its an hmf muffler I put on it,it did improve it some but not 100%,mine seems to run really rich as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same issue with my 700 efi and was about to burn it for the 10th time. I took a minute to relax and tried to break it down into simple approach. It was my throttle cable!! A quick twist here and there an it solved my idle problems and high blood pressure!!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
sorry my mistake the error code flashing is p0336
PO336 that is CKP Sensor Synchronization. CKP = crank position sensor. I really have no idea what they mean by Sensor Synchronization though. maybe someone else does? Sorry, Try doing some internet searching and see if it explains it better in some manor that would relate back to a ATV?

Normally on Cats, Crank position is determined by one of the windings in the Stator coil. Is it the same for your 2013 500 core? Don't know but at least you know now that your ECU is having a problem with crank position. Is it sensing a signal that is coming in too fast or slow? Erratic rate? I did find this, "The CKP didn't set the code the ECM did. There's any number of things that will cause that code. What's happening is the CKP is miscounting the teeth on the left flywheel. A pop back out of the intake (backfire), a plug that fails to fire or any ignition glitch for one engine revolution can cause the CKP to miscount and then the ECM sets that code."

Normally when an ECU detects problems with crank sensor position it will not even fire the spark plug or run at all.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.