Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the speed/RPM governor/limiters on a new 2013 Arctic Cat 90cc ATV. My kid has been riding for a couple of years. He had a Kymco 2-stroke 50cc with all of the limiters removed and it was faster than his brand new 90cc 4-stroke. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!

I did read on one site that the Kymco has a CDI wire that needs to be cut and a Clutch Spacer that needs to be removed... If this is what I need to do on this model, does anyone have any pictures or detailed instructions on how to remove the clutch spacer and can you tell me which wire needs to be cut on the CDI? Also, if I cut the CDI wire, will the electric start still work? I have read on some boards that doing this kills the electric start?

These two photos are ones that I found online for a Kymco 90.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just remove the "wedding band" as described, but the green wire trick did not work on my son's. I cut it and it would not start back up, so I re-attached it.

the wedding band will give you a ton more top end. great mod.
you will need and air ratchet to burp off the nut though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
clunking dvx90

Just removed (clutch ring) speed limiter on 2014 dvx90. Wow runs great now. Problem is when I hit the hydraulic brakes hard sounds like cluncking from inside of clutch cover?? Any ideas please???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts