Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Cat 700 Limited. Ran fine when out away last fall. Tried to start it this spring. Starts and idles fine. Stumbles and backfires when applying throttle. Replaced fuel line, fuel tank breather. Rubber block between throttle body and intake manifold, pulled fuel.pump and checked rubber seal on pump and cleaned sock filter with carb cleaner. Drained tank as much as I could and put 2 gallons fresh fuel in. Any other ideas? I can't find a service manual for it yet either. Tried the lawnmowerparts.com link but only found much older manuals. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Administrator
42,457 Posts
Countrycat.com in the technical section has service manuals.
you need to check the fuel pressure with a gauge. You need 43 psi constant.

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Countrycat.com in the technical section has service manuals.
you need to check the fuel pressure with a gauge. You need 43 psi constant.
I checked today and when ignition on and when running the pressure is 45 psi. Really stable when running and doesn't drop when I throttle it up and the stumbling, coughing start.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Remove and test injector? I see a couple plugs coming off the throttle body. Not sure what those are about as I don't have the service manual yet.

Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked today and when ignition on and when running the pressure is 45 psi. Really stable when running and doesn't drop when I throttle it up and the stumbling, coughing start.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Remove and test injector? I see a couple plugs coming off the throttle body. Not sure what those are about as I don't have the service manual yet.

Thx
And Countrycat.com only has the operators manual as far as I can see, no service manuals.

·
Administrator
42,457 Posts
Yes the service manual is there. Search for service manual.
those wires are notoriously faulty. Cat made them too tight with no strain relief. They break inside the outer coating.
yes clean the injector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts