Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an ounce of help with this atv...

Bought it from someone in May. Great deal, great shape, not running. I figured I could take a shot and see what can be done.
Just cranks, no actual start up.
I have verified that it has spark.
I have verified the injector is squirting a good spray into a bottle
I can feel good pressure coming out of the plug hole. But no start.

I have tried starting fluid.
I have drained the gas and refilled
New battery.

When I turn the key there are no codes on the screen. I had someone try working on this for 3 months and got no where. They claim they checked timing and had it running only while it was given starter fluid once. I call BS and am going to have someone else verify the timing. Their suggestion is the computer is junk. Wouldn't that throw a code? I'm not ready to just throw money at parts yet I just want a diagnosis and there is absolutely no one in my area that works on these atvs.
I read there are diagnosis plugs on older versions right under the seat next to the fuse block that are like a square but mine is next to the computer and is more like two 4flat trailer connectors on top of each other. I did find some other diagnosis screen and took the following photos but not sure they really matter.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,362 Posts
Do you have a service manual ?
You need to check the fuel flow with an actual gauge. You need 43 psi constant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a gauge for vehicles but I didn't see the Schrader valve to screw onto. I also found a service manual on countrycat.com to look at if needed

·
Administrator
40,362 Posts
It has instructions on checking fuel pressure. You should be able to check it at the filter.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It has instructions on checking fuel pressure. You should be able to check it at the filter.
Are you absolutely certain the battery is fully charged? Cranking engine over repeatedly will drain battery quickly, read a lot of posts of similar problems as yours on this forum, proper voltage is imperative to EFI systems. You mentioned new battery, did you check the voltage before installing? Have you tried checking voltage while cranking engine? Suggest purchasing a battery tender/ slow charger and charge until full voltage is acquired.
Green Gadget Audio equipment Technology Cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts