Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put my formerly basket case 2013 450 (motor was actually in tubs when I got it) properly back together
Motor is in frame and runs well now
I am trying to properly route all the wires from carb/stator area back along frame to where the battery box would be
Mostly looking for tie down points and clamp areas
Need clarification on cooling vent hose for radiator neck as my is just hanging above sparkplug?...
Also have a mystery clamp on front of frame close to cooling hoses-not sure what its for... will post pics
PS I have the factory manual and it does not cover wire and cable routing at all, which is a shame :sad
If someone could post a few pics that would be a HUGE help
Here are the areas I need help with-
pic 1 wires going back to batt box area need a pic for clarification of tie down/clamp area
pic 2 mystery clamp by cooling hoses- not sure if adjacent zip tie wire bundle goes into it or a cooling hose??
Pic 3 right side frame wiring need picture of how this tuck/ties on to frame
pic 4 clamp on upper right frame under gas tank-Is harness supposed to go in here or is the zip tie off to left correct?
Pic 5 this vent line comes off of radiator fill neck and looks like it connects somewhere? Its just hanging
Thanks in advance as ANY help is GREATLY appreciated
I wish I new someone with this machine and i could just have a look or two and figure all this out pretty quick...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I have a few pictures of my 2012 450 with the rear plastics off. I was installing an enduro kit on our machines which required running an additional wire harness. I did not take the front plastics off, I routed the new harness along side the existing one to the front of the machine.

I do have pictures of a 2007 400 with all the plastics off, not sure if they would be of any use.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
450 wiring Help

Thanks for these pics unfortunately the 07 400 is too different
The pics of your 2012 450 with plastics off would be great help if you could post them
Thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump- Its been 18 months-any help appreciated...
I have the Full Factory Service Manual and arctic Cat does not have wiring and hose diagrams in their manual......sigh
If anyone has a similar model still looking for help- the 450 and 500 are the same
Thanks

·
Administrator
42,075 Posts
Countrycat.com under technicals has the wiring diagrams

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply
I have the service manual and it also has the wiring diagrams- but it does not show routing
What I need is the wiring routing and tie down points as well as hose routing- none of which is is in the factory service manual ☹

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.