Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a couple of questions. I just picked one up.
First I find it odd that there is no plug for a heated sheld.
The remote start, I know there is a battery drain. Is it they box mounted under the pod covered in foil?
Has anyone put a switch to cut power to it so it dose not drain? What wire?
Any other input is welcome.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You have to add rca type plug for shield to plug into. There is an accesory plug in the wiring harness .Been a few years since I hooked mine up but I think it runs along the aluminum spar above the battery. Typical AC female plug . I just mated an old male plug onto shield socket wire and it plugged right in. It is already fused through accesory fuse if I remember correctly.
I have only had issues(first year I had it) when I left sled during summer months with battery drain fr auto start. Now I simply either disconnect battery for summer storage(if its left in trailer ) or hook up my battery tender when I leave it in the garage. Simple 10 mil bolt to disconnect battery.

Great sled .

Rocket Couch is how I describe mine.

I jacked /studded and clutched mine and love it.
I came off a slightly (hehe) modded 99 ZRT 900 (yep 900) . Power is alot different than 2 stroke but a blast to ride.
6000 trouble free miles. It loves to cruise at 75-80 mph once it shifts out.2 belts fuzzed in 6000 miles and never (unless available fuel is only 89 oct) run below 225 hp on the Jacker.
Can run up to 240 hp on GOOD fresh 91 oct + 1/2 bottle of Lucas Oct boost.
I have gotten,when slightly misplaced in Northern NB ( lost in otherwords lol) 145 miles to a tank of fuel. Funny thing was next day when I filled up at the gas stn beside our hotel sled took 2 liters more fuel than tank is rated for . The phrase "running on fumes was certainly true that night.

Do a search on HCS under the handle EXT and you will see my clutching setup.
Its from 2010 but still there for all to read.
The clutching setup fr D&D for the EXT (slightly lighter) just didn't work. A blend of AC clutching and D&D setup is what worked best for me.
I run it primarily 1 up and we use it for the "pack Mule" when out on a multi day or week run. Lots of storage space.

Reactions: KSZRT

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to add rca type plug for shield to plug into. There is an accesory plug in the wiring harness .Been a few years since I hooked mine up but I think it runs along the aluminum spar above the battery. Typical AC female plug . I just mated an old male plug onto shield socket wire and it plugged right in. It is already fused through accesory fuse if I remember correctly.
I have only had issues(first year I had it) when I left sled during summer months with battery drain fr auto start. Now I simply either disconnect battery for summer storage(if its left in trailer ) or hook up my battery tender when I leave it in the garage. Simple 10 mil bolt to disconnect battery.

Great sled .

Rocket Couch is how I describe mine.

I jacked /studded and clutched mine and love it.
I came off a slightly (hehe) modded 99 ZRT 900 (yep 900) . Power is alot different than 2 stroke but a blast to ride.
6000 trouble free miles. It loves to cruise at 75-80 mph once it shifts out.2 belts fuzzed in 6000 miles and never (unless available fuel is only 89 oct) run below 225 hp on the Jacker.
Can run up to 240 hp on GOOD fresh 91 oct + 1/2 bottle of Lucas Oct boost.
I have gotten,when slightly misplaced in Northern NB ( lost in otherwords lol) 145 miles to a tank of fuel. Funny thing was next day when I filled up at the gas stn beside our hotel sled took 2 liters more fuel than tank is rated for . The phrase "running on fumes was certainly true that night.

Do a search on HCS under the handle EXT and you will see my clutching setup.
Its from 2010 but still there for all to read.
The clutching setup fr D&D for the EXT (slightly lighter) just didn't work. A blend of AC clutching and D&D setup is what worked best for me.
I run it primarily 1 up and we use it for the "pack Mule" when out on a multi day or week run. Lots of storage space.
Thanks for the reply. Seeing this started a while ago I have since mounted a panel mount RCA plug on the dash under the heated seat switch. I prefer a panel mount so it is a one hand operation with glove on to plug it in. I ended up splicing into the wiring harness adding a fuse as I also added for a GPS unit. I wanted to not have anything else to up plug when removing the console. For the battery drain issue I added a 30 amp toggle switch to the main wire that feeds the fuse block as the biggest drain is from the remote start always being on. Plus the switch acts as a kill switch so if I park it over night on a saddle bag trip nobody can walk of with it. I will look up what you did with your clutching as I did do a D+D kit on my 07 Jag that I still have. Might look at taking the secondary torsional kit off that before I sell it this fall and use it on the TZ1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts