Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
my sled has been in the shop since march 1st with parts on back order till june..jackshaft included allong with turbo ,secondary ,muffler,bearings ,gears ,chains and then some..my season has been over and the snow is still falling.. i am soooo dissapointed in cat i will never buy another one after being brand loyal for 20+ yrs... my next sled will be a yamaha that has much better quality control in my opinion and they are offering a onger warranty from what i have read on many forums... but for now i will stick with this till my warranty is up... if a/c wants to spend more on warranty repairs than it will cost to replace sled i will let them....i still have 2yrs left and an option of the 60mth ext. and so far they are dropping close to 7,000.00 in repairs and that is before they do their second round of updates/recalls....my question is will they be able to stop the bleeding before they go out of business or lose their loyal customers????my sled has been in the shop more this winter than i have had it...it puts a bad taste in your mouth when you make 5mths of payments and can not see your own property on your property....

·
Registered
220 Posts
my sled has been in the shop since march 1st with parts on back order till june..jackshaft included allong with turbo ,secondary ,muffler,bearings ,gears ,chains and then some..my season has been over and the snow is still falling.. i am soooo dissapointed in cat i will never buy another one after being brand loyal for 20+ yrs... my next sled will be a yamaha that has much better quality control in my opinion and they are offering a onger warranty from what i have read on many forums... but for now i will stick with this till my warranty is up... if a/c wants to spend more on warranty repairs than it will cost to replace sled i will let them....i still have 2yrs left and an option of the 60mth ext. and so far they are dropping close to 7,000.00 in repairs and that is before they do their second round of updates/recalls....my question is will they be able to stop the bleeding before they go out of business or lose their loyal customers????my sled has been in the shop more this winter than i have had it...it puts a bad taste in your mouth when you make 5mths of payments and can not see your own property on your property....[/QUOTE
This just isn't right! Cat should give you a demo to ride for the season. I've had little or no trouble with mine,but I'm getting sick of hearing other guys getting screwed.
Every time I stop, other sledders are asking me how many belts or what troubles have you had. We used to laugh at guys with 900 Fusions. We don't laugh anymore. :Bangin:
To make matters worse, yesterday rode with among others, guys that had brand new 800 Assault and 600 indys. They absolutely destroyed me at the pumps! I know we don't buy these things for fuel economy but an 800 assault?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same jack shaft, gears, chain issues! Got it back from the dealer and headed to the U.P. for 4 days. Made it 130 miles until sled overheated and shut down. Made it 100 miles the next day until the bearings and shaft went out in the rear wheels. Rode 3 weekends this year and 2 of them brought back junk! Very disappointed in my 2012 Arctic Cat XF 1100 Turbo!!! Thank God I had my 2000 ZRT 800 for a spare! I've had more issues with the 2012 than I've had with the 2000 with well over 10,000 miles on it. Oh.......waited over a month for parts on the 2012 this year too!!!

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Cracked the chaincase 2x dealer replaced both times......needs a guard under it, don't even recall hitting anything both times. But no shaft issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts