Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a couple questions that would be answered with a wiring diagram, so if anyone has any links or can provide me with a wiring diagram, that would be great. In place of that, the questions I'm trying to figure out are:

1) Where are the accessory plug(s) on a 2012 TZ1 LXR non-Turbo? I want to connect a heated shield (preferably to a fused, ignition switched SAE plug.)

2) I also want to hook up a battery tender.... Shouldn't that need a non-switched accessory plug? I guess I could add an SAE plug directly hooked to the battery, but if there's already one available, it would be nice to know where to find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Don't have your answer, but what I did was wire a direct run to the battery, installed an inline fuse, and put a 2 prong trailer plug on the end that was compatible with my battery tender, I then made a short 6" adapter that changed that connection from the 2 prong to a connector that is compatible with my heated shield. So, I can use the same connection for the heated shield and charging the battery. I have found that there several advantages to having power to the heated shield even when the sled is not running, and I believe the shield works better with DC voltage rather than AC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts