Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this machine on 12/27/12. My wife drives it and has put
36 miles on it since then, slow miles as she is a little scared of it. On 4/21/13 the rear differential broke completely. This was determined by my dealer where I bought the machine. Since I put the title in my company name they would only give me a 90 day warranty. Artic Cat has said they will not cover it under warranty. I also had the dealer file a out of warranty service request which was refused also. Of course you can only leave a message on the customer service phone number. This is my first Artic Cat and definitely my last, I am having serious buyers remorse. Has anyone had problems with this model or year. The dealer wants $750 for the part and $150 to install it. On a brand new machine Unbelievable. Advise Anyone???:Bangin:

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
If your rear differential broke completely it would be more like $2000 to replace. What exactly broke?? I agree you need to get a second opinion

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
You need a different dealer. warranty is warranty. These are work machines designed for work/play, makes little difference who's name it's in. Sell it to your neighbor and have him bring it in, it's still covered. your dealer is a stealer.
lets say the DNR purchases 6 of them, it a government business, is it covered? I"m guessing it is.
Ask him if he puts one of his quads in his business name, if its still covered. I'll bet it is. have him show you in writing where you only get 90 days because you want to show it to an attorney.
One other note, your still in the time frame to purchase an extended warranty.
You have tons of options, first is a different dealer with the prowler in a your name, just to cya.
never heard of such a thing.
customer service is a thing of the past with all dealers, not just Cats.
They forget your name 2 seconds after you walk out the building with your new purchase.
Way to common lately.

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
My dealer called me and reminded me that I had 2 weeks left before the factory warranty expired and asked if I wanted to purchase an extended warranty cause my quad had a few issues. I told him no casue I planned on selling it and getting a larger (700) quad in the future. he said bring it up, I'll sell it for you, ( no commission) and pick out your new quad. The 05 500 sold in 8 days for full asking price, he applied every penny towards the 09 700 H1 and it came with the regular warranty.
He bent over backwards for me more than once. nice guy, good dealer. Unfortunetly he sold the business and the new owners ran it into the ground. Gone. Damn.
The local dealers in my area are dicks. Sorry to say but i'd have a hard time purchasing anything from them.
if you cant get it fixed under warranty, the guys on this site will help as much as possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My last Artic Cat

Thanks for all your responses. I have actually talked with Artic Cat directly several times and they are not going to cover the repair under warranty or under what they call "good will" because the dealers service tech could not explain to them why the failure occurred ( they claim this failure has never occurred on this model...really ). As I said before I own my own business and if I backed up my product/service like Artic Cat has with this deal I would have been out of business years ago. I am beyond pissed off with this deal. I will soon have a 2012 Prowler 550xt for sale and will never even look at another Artic Cat at the fish store again. I should have bought the Yamaha Rhino in the first place!!!!! In the future I will make sure anyone I know or meet never even considers buy an Artic Cat product!!! :angry::angry:

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
So you just explained the problem. "The tech couldn't explain it" and "the fish store". AC is not going to warranty something that the tech can't explain and I wouldn't either. The "fish store" and THE tech is what caused your grief not AC. Most " fish store" techs are marine mechanics not arctic cat certified gold techs. Because of that cat probably assumes the "tech" screwed it up as it has not happened before. Thanks for clearing that up ! Good luck with your yamaha.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Thanks for all your responses. I have actually talked with Artic Cat directly several times and they are not going to cover the repair under warranty or under what they call "good will" because the dealers service tech could not explain to them why the failure occurred ( they claim this failure has never occurred on this model...really ). As I said before I own my own business and if I backed up my product/service like Artic Cat has with this deal I would have been out of business years ago. I am beyond pissed off with this deal. I will soon have a 2012 Prowler 550xt for sale and will never even look at another Artic Cat at the fish store again. I should have bought the Yamaha Rhino in the first place!!!!! In the future I will make sure anyone I know or meet never even considers buy an Artic Cat product!!! :angry::angry:
I'd be interested in purchasing your prowler

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
Bass Pro Shop, hmmmm I think I'll order new windows for my house thru them. Is this the first time we heard this from them? ahhh nope!
Take your local bass pro shop to small claims court after you pay to get it fixed else where. there is no way in hell a judge would side with them if your warranty is still intact. Chances are they wont show up and you'll get a judgment in your favor.
Your bashing the wrong people with your 2 posts and the nice user name you chose.
Cat isnt going to over step the stealer, they have no idea how it was used or abused in 36 miles, they cant see it in person. The stealer has to explain what went wrong either by defect or abuse.
My guess is that they said "abuse" to Cat so the answer is no. ( cause they dont know how to fix fishin reels either)
Dont buy windows or quads from a fish store.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
The only benefit to a rhino is the dealer would have been better than BPS. I have a friend with one, a Rhino and it's babied and it's a noisey POS. Just had to have major engine work too. You may get better service but not a better machine. IMHO

What up with everyone from GA being PO at AC? BPS must have something to do with it.

Got an Pics of what happen? Since AC quit using the Turf saver, not many complaints about diffs in the prowlers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.