Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have recently bought a 2012 mudpro 700 and the first day I took it out I was playing in the mud and water. Long story short I it was smoking after and burning oil. I took it to arctic cat in langley bc and they tell me it needs a top and bottom end and quoted me 5100 bucks to rebuild it!!! I found a motor in edmonton a salvage place for $1800 but it is from a 2012 700 gt will this motor work for my mud pro. Or does anyone know of a place I can look at getting a motor for it. I live in surrey bc Canada. Thanks

·
Administrator
37,299 Posts
It will work it’s the same engine. Your Mudpro clutches are different. The clutch cover may also be different , but easy to swap over

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks the engine doesn't come with the clutches or any cover. What is ur thoughts on price of engine it has 2900 km on it much the same is my motor

·
Administrator
37,299 Posts
Price is for sure high. I think a cat crate engine isn’t much more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer in langley quoted over 6000 for new motor not sure if that is correct but they want 5100 to rebuild. If anyone has any info on where to get a new one for cheaper that would be great. I am having a hard time finding any info.

·
Administrator
37,299 Posts
I just looked up Canadian pricing and it’s $5000 for a complete engine. You could sell probably $1500 in parts off your old engine. Clutches ,wet clutch, starter, flywheel,stator etc.
try posting on this site( see link) for an engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts