Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help Please! I have a 2012 MudPro 700. Today I as installing a stereo system. I notice that my display console only had the light on no other information. It started, no with no problem. Swapped all the relays, & checked the fuses on the main distribution block. All fuses were good and relays didn't change the problem.

One problem I have seen is the accessory connector on the back right side under the fender does not have any voltage on it. Does any boy know were the fuse is located?

Thank you for your time & effort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay found a bad fuse. Replaced it. I now have 12 volts on my accessory connector.

I tried my display console and boom! the data was there. I tried starting it. It wouldn't start. I tried again - still want start.

Now, I have no data and no light on my display console. All fuses are okay. swapped relays still same problem. I'm lost any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
40,726 Posts
The diodes have to be facing the same direction as the arrows on the fuse box. You also have self resetting breakers in there not fuses. If they are tripped it takes a minute or so for them to reset themselves. Also if you have a low battery it will cause all kinds of problems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the latest: I removed the display console connector and plugged it back in. The data is there now but no light. I tried staring it but it would not start. I checked the diodes and they are in the correct position. I charged the battery it had 12.25 Volts. After charging the battery had 13 volts.

Tried starting the cat. All it would do is spin the motor. I pulled the plug to see it it was getting fire. The plug looked bad and I couldn't see it arcing. So I put a new plug in and now it's getting plenty of fire.

Checked to see if I was getting fuel and found that my fuel pump isn't working. I pulled apart the fuel pump connector and sprayed some electrical cleaner on the wiring connectors. Reconnected the fuel pump connectors. Check to see if that made a difference and hello! - the display lamp came on, the display information was there, and it started 4 times.

I was cleaning the ATV up since I had the back fender off. I put electrical tape on the bare wires. After cleaning and tiding up the wires, I put the fender on. Got the quad back together and checked to see if it would start. Same problem, the fuel pump isn't working.

So tomorrow I will pull the fender back off and check the fuel pump wiring. I hope that this isn't a sign! Only had the darn thing for 8 months. :Bangin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT's up and running! Problem _ Sprayed contact cleaner in the fuel pump connectors. It fired right up. Put some di-electric grease in. Hopefully this will last last a long time! Cat happyCat happyCat happy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Still running okay? Update please!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts