Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got my 2012 HDX out of winter storage yesterday. Took it over to the shop to change the oil and get it serviced. Ran perfectly when I drove it over to my shop.

Then this morning, I changed the oil on it. Started it again so I could check the oil, and again it ran fine.

Then I decided would be a good idea to pull both air filters and clean them. Cleaned the pre filter and let it dry and reinstalled it. Then I cleaned the main filter, let it dry, and then reoiled it. Now, my HDX is running terrible. It won't start without giving it a little gas. It won't idle very well. And when I give it a little gas it just plain runs rough. My question is, did I over oil the filter and now it's running rich? If I did, what do I do about it? Reclean and reoil the filter or just let it be?

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Was It Really Dirty Maybe Some Thing Fell Inside I dunno

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was fairly muddy. Don't think anything fell inside though. Sure doesn't look like it anyway. I pulled the filter and re cleaned it. Will go out this morning and oil the filter again and put it back in and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.