Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well would an f800 sp do in The deeper snow of Montana if I got a new track with some bigger lugs? Would like to go there but don't know how well it would hold up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I moved back to Minnesota from Helena, Montana.

The bulk of the riding there is obviously powder riding, and the F800 as is will really limit you as to where you can go off trail. However, there are many good trail systems out there where the F800 will excel. The trail systems around Seely Lake, Lincoln, West Yellowstone, Rimini (Helena) are going to be great places to trail ride, but don't have high expectations if you decide to get off of the trails and in to the powder.

In the late spring when the snow firms up, you will be able to go just about anywhere you want to go....

Personally, if you mostly want to trail ride out there the F800 will be fine. But most people go there for powder- you will wish you were on a mountain sled. Your best bet is to rent one when you get out there. Obviously, that is going to be really expensive...

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
How well would an f800 sp do in The deeper snow of Montana if I got a new track with some bigger lugs? Would like to go there but don't know how well it would hold up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

for the money it will cost your to set your sled up for altitude, your better off renting a sled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I moved back to Minnesota from Helena, Montana.

The bulk of the riding there is obviously powder riding, and the F800 as is will really limit you as to where you can go off trail. However, there are many good trail systems out there where the F800 will excel. The trail systems around Seely Lake, Lincoln, West Yellowstone, Rimini (Helena) are going to be great places to trail ride, but don't have high expectations if you decide to get off of the trails and in to the powder.

In the late spring when the snow firms up, you will be able to go just about anywhere you want to go....

Personally, if you mostly want to trail ride out there the F800 will be fine. But most people go there for powder- you will wish you were on a mountain sled. Your best bet is to rent one when you get out there. Obviously, that is going to be really expensive...

So would I be better off with an XF 800?

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I think you would..... It will be a much more versatile sled- or better yet look at a High Country.....that will be even more versatile....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.